Posts with tag "Larry King"
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 02:45 AM by Christo Varghese
As a guest on Fox News for the first time since leaving CNN, former talk show host Larry King talked about Dame Elizabeth Taylor, who tragically passed away of congestive heart failure on Wednesday at the age of 79. King was a guest on 'Hannity' where host Sean Hannity first thanked the legendary interviewer for his impact on the industry. After some pleasant banter, Hannity asked King about...
- Posted Mar 10th 2011 at 08:50 PM by Rob Shuter
Hair jokes were in no short supply at last night's Comedy Central roast of Donald Trump, but the quip that had the audience shocked was when CNN icon Larry King made fun of his former co-worker Anderson Cooper's sexuality. Pretending he was still hosting his now-defunct talk show, King took calls from viewers throughout the country and then tossed to Anderson, whose '360' followed his 'Live'...
- Posted Dec 16th 2010 at 10:00 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Surrounded by some of his favorite guests, Larry King signed off for the last time Thursday night. After 25 years, King hung up his suspenders and ended his iconic interview show, 'Larry King Live.' Led by friend and protégé Ryan Seacrest, a star-studded collection of guests were on hand (or sent videos) thanking the legend for his years of service to journalism. Regis Philbin,...
- Posted Nov 18th 2010 at 06:10 AM by Christo Varghese
Oksana Grigorieva told Larry King on Wednesday night that Mel Gibson hit her, choked her and waved a gun at her during a violent encounter in January. Oksana recalled on 'Larry King Live' that on "Jan. 6 [of this year] the beating took place. Mel actually assaulted me while I was holding the baby in my arms ... I ran into my son's bedroom and told him, 'Mel's crazy.' " See the interview: ...
- Posted Nov 16th 2010 at 05:30 PM by AOL TV Editors
- Filed under:
- TV News
Since 1957, Larry King has been a part of the entertainment business, first doing local radio and television interviews in Florida before going national on radio in 1978. In 1985, he came to CNN, and he's been a fixture in cable news ever since. So it was with mixed emotions that he sat down with the women of 'The View' to discuss his retirement. Whoopi Goldberg addressed the question that's...
- Posted Nov 15th 2010 at 11:40 AM by Sarah Crow
Mel Gibson's former flame Oksana Grigorieva has been proactive in exposing Gibson's allegedly abusive behavior in the press and as of tomorrow, she has yet another platform on which to air her grievances: 'Larry King Live.' The singer, who has a 1-year-old daughter, Lucia, with Gibson, was supposed to appear on King's show next week, but the interview (taped Saturday) has been bumped up and...
- Posted Nov 9th 2010 at 07:21 AM by Zach Dionne
Conan O'Brien made his long-awaited return to late night yesterday, debuting 'Conan' on TBS with guests Seth Rogen, 'Glee' starlet Lea Michele and White Stripes guitar virtuoso Jack White. The guests had a tough act to follow, however, after a short clip dramatized Coco's departure from NBC as a type of 'Godfather'-esque hit. Gunned down by machine gun-toting gangsters after refusing to move...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 12:40 PM by John Mitchell
Wednesday night, Larry King expected (and tried his best) to talk to Jon Stewart about his upcoming "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear," but the ballsy star had other plans and spent much of his time criticizing CNN and the net's choice to replace King with Piers Morgan, who is, according to Stewart, "a British guy no one's heard of." Stewart did reveal that his rally with Comedy Central...
- Posted Oct 5th 2010 at 04:20 PM by PopEater Staff
Larry King went there with Liza Minnelli during a new interview, asking the singer-actress about her loooong history of marriages, and if she'd be down for another go-round. "Are you nuts?!" Minnelli, 64, asks King in Tuesday's episode of 'Larry King Live.' "No I would not." In her chat with King (8 trips down the aisle), the 'Arthur' star divulges about her four failed marriages, and why...
- Posted Sep 8th 2010 at 11:47 AM by PopEater Staff
CNN has made it official, announcing Wednesday that reality TV host and former tabloid editor Piers Morgan will replace the departing Larry King in the coveted 9PM time slot, according to The New York Times. The British-born Morgan, currently a judge on NBC's 'America's Got Talent,' will debut the as-yet-unnamed interview show in January, a month after King signs off from the long-running...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Which Pro Is Preparing to Leave Dancing with the Stars?
- See Who Got Booted from Dancing with the Stars
- Psychology Professor Pleads Guilty in Killing of Alleged Rapist
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- Falling Skies Tragedy: Security Guard Killed on TNT Drama's Vancouver Set
- Big Brother's Eviction Shocker! Who Didn't Make it to the Final Four?
- Saturday Night Live's Nasim Pedrad Recalls Meeting Kim Kardashian, Reveals Unaired Impression of Aziz Ansari—Watch Now!