Posts with tag "LisaNiemi"
- Posted Oct 31st 2009 at 09:21 AM by PopEater Staff
Speaking out for the first time on television since the death of her husband Patrick Swayze, Lisa Niemi, the 'Dirty Dancing' star's wife of 34 years is opening up to Oprah Winfrey about her loss. Niemi, who married Swayze while both were still in their 20s, says that when Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, "it was mind numbing." She goes on to tell Winfrey that "you think you're going...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 07:14 AM by PopEater Staff
Lisa Niemi, Patrick Swayze's wife of 34 years, told a women's conference Tuesday that the loss of her husband just six weeks ago "is like an animal all of its own" and the sadness could be felt "on a cellular level." PEOPLE reports that Niemi spoke in a roundtable on Grief, Healing and Resilience at the Women's Conference 2009 in Long Beach, California. Niemi told the attendees, "When the...
- Posted Oct 27th 2009 at 05:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Patrick Swayze's wife Lisa Niemi will give the first one-on-one interview since her husband's death on the Oprah Winfrey Show this Friday, PEOPLE reports. Swayze passed away at age 57 this September after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Niemi, his wife of 34 years, will open up to Oprah about their life together, and what it was like to lose him. She will also discuss the book they...
- Posted Sep 30th 2009 at 04:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Patrick Swayze's intense battles with alcohol and depression nearly cost him his marriage earlier this decade, the late actor reveals for the first time in his book 'The Time of My Life,' released Tuesday. His struggle with drink had long been a strain on his wife of 34 years, Lisa Niemi. In the book, he recounts a 10-year period spent drinking "copious amounts of alcohol" and later a 1993...
- Posted Sep 15th 2009 at 05:12 PM by PopEater Staff
Relatively few Hollywood marriages stand the test of time, so when one comes along that so clearly exudes love and sincerity, you tend to take notice. Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi were one such couple, and their 34-year marriage was a lesson in dedication and survival through good times and bad. They led a relatively quiet life together -- for years spending most of their time at his horse...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Woman on polygamy show 'My Five Wives' accuses father of abuse
- Hitler watercolor sells at auction for $162,000
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll