Posts with tag "Lord of the Rings"
- Posted May 29th 2011 at 11:33 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Orlando Bloom has moved on from the swashbuckling 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise, but he's still not ready to say farewell to the land of J.R.R. Tolkien. Although the character Legolas doesn't appear in Tolkien's novel 'The Hobbit,' Bloom (who originated the blonde elf role in the acclaimed 'Lord of the Rings' films) has officially signed on to appear as Legolas in director Peter Jackson'...
- Posted Nov 28th 2009 at 09:05 AM by PopEater Staff
Director Peter Jackson has never been one to look after his image or style, as the 'Lord of the Rings' director is known for attending premieres and press conferences with unkempt hair and generally disheveled clothing. That all changed at the premiere of his new movie 'The Lovely Bones,' as Jackson showed up to the Rome premiere of the movie 70 pounds lighter (via Huffington Post), eyeglass-fr...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 08:00 PM by Tricia Romano
It's November, which means it's officially time to think about the Oscars. People are already placing bets on the top performances even if they haven't seen them yet (think the soon-to-be-released and highly-anticipated 'Nine'). There are some actors who have been on the road to Oscardom ever since they began emoting; others found a way out of their earlier career mishaps and have reinvented the...
- Posted Oct 12th 2009 at 03:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Hollywood heartthrob Orlando Bloom has been named a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in recognition of his commitment to the rights of kids all over the world, Reuters reports. Bloom, star of 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean,' has supported UNICEF since 2007. He has visited UN projects in Sarajevo, Russia and Nepal providing education, shelter...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andy Cohen on Why He Hearts New York City: 'I Didn't Move Here to Sleep'
- Website Posts Anorexic Woman's Photos in List of 'Amazing Weight Loss Transformations'
- Jason Derulo: 'I'm Not Looking to Settle Down Right Away' After Jordin Sparks Split
- Christina Hendricks ditches skirt halfway through red carpet
- January Jones' confidence 'disappeared' when she became 'pretty'
- Miranda Lambert turns double amputee's dream into reality