Posts with tag "MTV Movie Awards"
- Posted Jun 6th 2011 at 11:40 AM by Jo Piazza
We've been assaulted with an onslaught of sub-par awards hosts in the past year. First, Ricky Gervais and his Golden Globes shtick which proved over-the-top nastiness was not the right equation for laughs, and then the awkward snoozefest that materialized when James Franco and Anne Hathaway hosted the Academy Awards. On Sunday night 'SNL' cast member Jason Sudeikis got it just right as he...
- Posted Jun 6th 2011 at 08:16 AM by Kelly Fisher
With all the buzz surrounding 'Hangover 2,' it's really no surprise that the MTV Movie Awards used a crazy night-before-the-big-event p.remise to open the show Sunday night. In the clip, host Jason Sudeikis, 'Twilight' hunk Taylor Lautner, and 'Hangover' star Justin Bartha embark on yet another night gone awry -- all just hours before Sudeikis is set to host the awards show. Sudeikis ends up...
- Posted Jun 6th 2011 at 12:25 AM by Katelyn Mullen
The MTV Movie Awards were full of crude jokes, some inappropriate crotch grabbing and even and uncensored F-word, but the most adorable moment of night undoubtedly goes to Alexys Nycole Sanchez. The precious little lady had the audience swooning as she accepted her popcorn trophy for 'Best Line From a Movie' with, "I want to get chocolate wasted," from the film 'Grown Ups.' She had presenters...
- Posted Jun 6th 2011 at 12:00 AM by Moviefone Editors
Oh well. The MTV Movie Awards tried to push the envelpe this year, with limited success. First-time host Jason Sudeikis' at-times-clunky monologue was rife with Arnold Schwarzenegger infidelity jokes, sexual humor and cheap digs at attending celebrities. Most award presenters (among them 'Mr. Poppers Penguins' Jim Carrey, 'Transformers 3' stars Shia LaBeouf, Patrick Dempsey, Rosie...
- Posted Jun 5th 2011 at 11:21 PM by Katelyn Mullen
Looks like the joke is on us. Justin Bieber surprised fans and fellow celebrities alike when he showed up on stage to accept his award for Best Jaw Dropping Moment for his dance performance in 'Never Say Never' at tonight's MTV Movie Awards. The teen sensation was reportedly not coming to the star studded event, but appeared from backstage to accept his popcorn award from Danny McBride, Nick...
- Posted Jun 5th 2011 at 11:05 PM by PopEater Staff
A presumably lubricated Robert Pattinson stumbled his way through a tribute to his 'Water for Elephants' co-star Reese Witherspoon at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday, flubbing teed-up punchlines and dropping an epic f**k-bomb that proved too nimble for censors. Following a short speech by Patrick Dempsey, R.Patz appeared confused when it came time for him to speak about Witherspoon, who was...
- Posted Jun 5th 2011 at 10:59 PM by Elizabeth Yun
- Filed under:
- Movie News
MTV teased us with the promise of an exclusive sneak peek of 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1' at this year's MTV Movie Awards, including a glimpse of the much-anticipated wedding between Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson). They didn't disappoint. The preview started with excited -- and some not so enthused, ahem Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) -- guests receiving...
- Posted Jun 5th 2011 at 10:30 PM by Katelyn Mullen
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- Movie News -
- Photos -
- TV News -
- Kristen Stewart -
- Reese Witherspoon -
- Leighton Meester -
Solid colors, what a snooze. Some of Hollywood's hottest movie actresses put their best feet forward tonight as they stepped out at this year's MTV Movie Awards with a little bit of edge and a whole lot of style. Prints ruled on the red carpet as stars, both young and old, glammed it up with vibrant colors and bold patterns. Veteran beauty Reese Witherspoon and newcomer Lily Collins...
- Posted Jun 5th 2011 at 09:37 PM by Elizabeth Yun
After spending the last few weeks vacationing in Hawaii with her superstar boyfriend, Justin Bieber, and even making a pit stop in Canada to meet his family, Selena Gomez made an appearance at the MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday evening. The adorable actress/singer wasn't shy about showing off her tanned legs, strutting her stuff in a white Giambattista Valli minidress. The...
- Posted Jun 5th 2011 at 12:35 PM by Moviefone Editors
During tonight's MTV Movie Awards, hosted by Jason Sudeikis, what celebs and surprises can we expect? Our friends at Moviefone have it covered: Sure, we're all deeply invested in who wins a Golden Popcorn trophy for 'Best Kiss' (our bet's on Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis for their 'Black Swan' smooch). But we're also really amped to see new, exclusive 'Harry Potter,' 'Breaking Dawn' and 'Super...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves
- New Mom Scarlett Johansson Makes Barbara Walters' List of 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014—See Who Else Made the Cut!