Posts with tag "Madonna"
- Posted Jun 29th 2011 at 05:30 AM by Christo Varghese
Singer Madonna has revealed her plans to open an orphanage in Malawi. E! Online is reporting that the 52-year-old superstar revealed the news in her interview in 'American Revolutionaries: The Hitmakers,' a docu-series which focuses on some of pop music's most influential artists. Madonna said, "My short term goals are to build an orphan care center that will service and reach at least 1,000...
- Posted May 20th 2011 at 02:11 PM by AOL Music Editors
'Glee's' New Directions are headed to the New York City to compete in the Nationals, and they sing the city's praises with the help of a Madonna cover spliced with a number from the musical 'On The Town.' The season finale of 'Glee' is next week (May 24), and in addition to original songs 'Light Up the World' and 'Pretending,' the glee club takes on Madonna's 'Confessions on a Dancefloor' Big A...
- Posted May 16th 2011 at 09:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Britney Spears graces the latest cover of Harper's Bazaar and in the accompanying interview, she talks about her upcoming tour, her biggest fashion mistake and why she thinks Justin Bieber is adorable. When asked about her new album, Femme Fatale, Spears revealed, "I've worked so hard on this album, so it's really refreshing. I feel like I'm drinking a tall glass of homemade sweet tea on a real...
- Posted May 16th 2011 at 11:50 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
They both don the title 'queen of pop,' they both have an aversion to pants and a few of their hits (ahem, 'Born This Way') sounds shockingly similar -- it only makes sense that Lady Gaga and Madonna are related. "They are ninth cousins once removed," celebrity genealogist, Chris Child, told the The Boston Globe. Both Madonna (Louise Veronica Ciccone) and Gaga (Stefani Joanne Angelina German...
- Posted May 13th 2011 at 02:15 AM by Boombox Editors
Rihanna has been announced as the latest addition to promote the coconut water brand Vita Coco's growing roster of pop star endorsers. The singer joins investors Madonna and Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis, both of whom are staunch advocates of the brand. Beginning this summer, the red-coiffed 'California King Bed' singer will take part in a national advertising campaign for th...
- Posted Apr 5th 2011 at 03:10 PM by Rob Shuter
Despite recent reports that Madonna's charity, Raising Malawi, is under investigation by the authorities, her rep tells PopEater exclusively that this isn't the case. The non-profit, co-founded in 2006 by the Material Girl and partner Michael Berg, aims to promote sustainability and provide valuable resources to the 2 million orphans in the African country. While sources have reported that c...
- Posted Mar 26th 2011 at 10:12 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
A charity launched by Madonna is floundering after nearly $4 million was spent, with little to show for it, on plans to build a school in the impoverished African nation of Malawi. Madonna has made regular visits to the country for her Raising Malawi foundation, to which she gave $11 million; she also adopted her youngest children David and Mercy in Malawi. But now, the pop star's dream of b...
- Posted Mar 8th 2011 at 11:10 AM by Jo Piazza
For all the flak Madonna occasionally takes for being a bit of an ice queen, the singer doesn't hold grudges. That's why she was delighted to hear that her ex-husband, director Guy Ritchie, 42, has officially moved on and will be starting a family with his model girlfriend, Jacqui Ainsley, 29. Friends of the singer tell us that Madonna moved on from her relationship with Ritchie years ago, fr...
- Posted Feb 23rd 2011 at 11:45 PM by The Editors of StyleList
Macy's Material Girl line has revealed Kelly Osbourne's second-season ad campaign, and it's getting raves from none other than Madonna, who co-designs the juniors label with daughter Lourdes "Lola" Leon. "Kelly represents a true Material Girl. She is edgy, cool and has a unique sense of style that Lola and I love," Madonna said in a statement. Madonna and her oldest child chose Osbourne to f...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 12:36 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Sure, there are two decades between the two songs in question, but Christopher Ciccone, younger brother of Madonna, says he's nevertheless astounded at how similar Lady Gaga's new single, 'Born This Way,' sounds to one of his sister's beloved anthems, 1989's 'Express Yourself.' Gaga intends to perform her instant hit song at the Grammy Awards tonight, but first, Ciccone wanted the chance to exp...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ben Foster and Robin Wright Call Off Engagement (Again), Says Source
- Kourtney Kardashian Gets 'Serious' in a Rare Photo with Baby Reign
- Mariah Carey Share Adorable Vacation Photos With Her Twins, Monroe and Moroccan
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball
- Pippa Middleton Flaunts Her Killer Bikini Bod While Paddleboarding in the Caribbean—See the Pics!
- Mariah Carey Shares Sweet Vacation Moments With Kids Monroe and Moroccan—See the Pic!
- Josiah Duggar Gets Birthday Wishes From Family Amid Brother Josh Leaving for Treatment