Posts with tag "Marilyn Monroe"
- Posted Oct 7th 2010 at 04:00 PM by John Mitchell
Some individuals are so iconic, their fame so omnipresent and overwhelming, that we assume we know all there is to know about them. With the exception of her tragic passing and the mystery and fascination that continue to surround it, Marilyn Monroe was one such celebrity. From her birth as Norma Jeane Baker and her famed serenade of President John F. Kennedy on his 45th birthday to the countless...
- Posted Aug 18th 2010 at 10:46 AM by The Editors of StyleList
American photographer Eve Arnold is giving the world an intimate look at blonde bombshell Marilyn Monroe. A batch of sixteen new images -- five taken in 1955, the rest in 1960 -- have popped up at Castle Galleries in the U.K., where a limited number of the prints will be for sale, with prices starting at $545. The rare images show the icon wearing a summer dress and carrying a puppy, while...
- Posted Aug 11th 2010 at 10:10 AM by The Editors of StyleList
Paris Hilton made her mark by ushering in a new era of celebrity -- one built on sex tapes, Internet posts and a gift for self-promotion. Now, our friends at StyleList report that she's paying tribute to the golden age of celebrity by morphing into Marilyn Monroe months before Halloween. Hilton dressed up as her favorite actress of the silver screen to celebrate the launch of her tenth...
- Posted Apr 13th 2010 at 12:20 PM by Steven Avalos
Looking to get a jump start on a gift for that Old Hollywood-loving loved-one this holiday season? When the ordinary commemorative mug or fridge magnet just won't do, how about an x-ray of Marilyn Monroe's chest? Or the star's personal bank statements and signed checks? MSNBC reports that for just the right price, these items (and more!) could be yours at the Hollywood Legends auction at Planet...
- Posted Dec 1st 2009 at 04:14 PM by PopEater Staff
An old home video has surfaced of Marilyn Monroe, in which the legendary actress appears to be smoking marijuana. According to the Huffington Post, the video is 50 years old. The home movie shows another person pass what looks like a joint to the Monroe, who is giggling, and she smokes it. Watch ...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 09:46 PM by Tricia Romano
Dead music stars still have major drawing power. Michael Jackson's posthumous documentary and CD 'This Is It' is released this week, and if history is any guide, his estate stands to make a lot of money. Since his death in June, 9 million Jackson albums have been sold -- which means he's already beaten John Lennon and Elvis Presley in his fourth act. Actors like Marilyn Monroe and Heath...
- Posted Sep 30th 2009 at 10:00 AM by Melissa Daniels
With Halloween a month away, costume stores around the country are gearing up to make sure they've got the stock of celebrity Halloween costumes that customers will be looking for. And this year, Michael Jackson getups are sure to be popping up all over the place, with 'Beat It' jackets and single gloves lined up on the store shelves. Joe Pinzone, owner of New York's Abracadabra Super Store,...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 10:11 AM by PopEater Staff
Actor Tony Curtis is reportedly dropping a major bombshell in his new memoir, claiming that screen icon and his 'Some Like It Hot' co-star Marilyn Monroe miscarried his child while the two were both married to other people. ...
- Posted Aug 19th 2009 at 12:22 PM by PopEater Staff
A small crypt located above Marilyn Monroe's final resting spot is up for sale and currently one of the most expensive pieces of real estate (on a per-square-foot basis) on the market! The wife of deceased entrepreneur Richard Poncher is selling his grave in order to make some fast cash to help pay off the $1.6-million mortgage on her 1 3/4 acre Beverly Hills home, L.A. Times reports. The...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicky Hilton Shows Off Her (Giant) Engagement Ring (PHOTO)
- Adrian Peterson and the NFL's Struggle with Off-Field Violence
- Julianne Moore's Never Going Blonde (or Trying a Juice Cleanse) Again
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Jimmy Fallon to pay back bet will host 'Tonight Show' in Chicago
- E! says 'Fashion Police' will continue without Joan Rivers
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- John Travolta Breaks Out Into Song and Dance, Sings "You're the One That I Want" With Abigail Spencer
- Paula Patton Goes Glam (and Also Licks Her Makeup Artist)—See the Pic!
- Tim McGraw Shares the Secrets to His and Faith Hill's Long Marriage, 18 Years and Counting: Watch Now!