Posts with tag "Matthew Morrison"
- Posted Jul 4th 2011 at 08:14 AM by AOL TV Editors
'Glee' star (and new solo act) Matthew Morrison will join 'American Idol' season 6 champ Jordin Sparks to headline the annual 4th of July celebration 'A Capitol Fourth,' which will air live on PBS at 8pm EST on Independence Day. Both vocalists are opening acts for New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys on their co-headlining NKOTBSB summer tour, and their televised patriotic performances...
- Posted Jun 21st 2011 at 02:10 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
No doubt it's been a long journey for 'Glee' star, Matthew Morrison to reach household name status. But ever since Morrison envisioned his name in lights long ago, he never gave up on his dreams of stardom even when he probably should have -- or at least that's how Funny or Die tells it. Morrison recently took to the humor site to spoof the long road that led him to 'Glee' -- there was 'Plea' (...
- Posted May 17th 2011 at 07:25 PM by AOL TV Editors
The season finale of 'Glee' is just a week away, and Matthew Morrison has a new album to promote. So Morrison announced today on 'Good Morning America' that he will be joining the Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block tour this summer "playing some arenas and stuff." The ever-supportive Robin Roberts seemed flabbergasted. "That is awesome," she cooed. "That is going to be wicked cool. Thank...
- Posted May 10th 2011 at 01:20 PM by PopEater Staff
After years of cutting his teeth on Broadway with parts in 'Hairspray' and 'The Light in the Piazza,' for which he received a Tony nomination, Matthew Morrison shot to fame with his role as teacher Will Schuester on Fox's breakout TV series 'Glee.' Having conquered the stage and television, Morrison is now ready to take over the radio with his self-titled debut album, due out on May 10. At his ...
- Posted May 6th 2011 at 11:10 AM by Contessa Gayles
'Glee' hottie Matthew Morrison teamed up with the legendary Sting for a revamped remake of the Brit rocker's 'Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot' for Morrison's upcoming, self-titled debut studio album. The soulful and uplifting 'Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot' follows Morrison's first single 'Summer Rain' and is the inspiring rock ballad from Sting's 1996 album 'Mercury Falling.' Working with Sting was ...
- Posted May 5th 2011 at 11:00 AM by Contessa Gayles
Between starring as Mr. Schue in the hit show 'Glee' and prepping to direct future episodes of the TV musical, Matthew Morrison is busy completing his debut solo album, collaborating with the likes of Kris Allen and Sir Elton John. Morrison stopped by AOL Music's Los Angeles studios to perform an exclusive live set for Sessions and our cameras followed the hard-working heartthrob to catch all t...
- Posted May 3rd 2011 at 09:57 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After nailing down duets with Gwyneth Paltrow, 'American Idol' winner Kris Allen and Elton John for his upcoming solo album, 'Glee' star Matthew Morrison is adding another big name to the list. The former Broadway star confirms to EW.com that he's also doing a song with Sting. "I am happy to confirm that the final duet on my album is with one of my icons, a musical genius, Sting. I was honored ...
- Posted Apr 19th 2011 at 08:15 AM by Kelly Fisher
Hold onto your hats 'Glee' fans, because Matthew Morrison scored the ultimate duet partner for a track on his new album: Elton John. Ryan Seacrest shared a clip of the song -- which is a mashup of John's 'Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters' and 'Rocket Man' -- on his radio show Monday. The song is available for download through Amazon beginning today. Morrison asked John to be part of his debut album...
- Posted Apr 7th 2011 at 07:40 AM by AOL TV Editors
Jay Leno loves embarrassing his guests on 'The Tonight Show' by digging up old footage from their before-they-were-famous days. Usually that involves a cheesy commercial, but Leno had something else on tap to torture Matthew Morrison. The 'Glee' star once appeared as a member of a gay boy band called "Boys R Us" in 'Marci X' -- a 2003 film starring Lisa Kudrow and Damon Wayans. "It was the g...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2011 at 12:25 PM by Sarah Crow
Matthew Morrison and Gwyneth Paltrow have been making beautiful music for months on 'Glee,' and now the pair are teaming up off the set for a duet on Morrison's upcoming album. The actor, who released his debut solo single, 'Summer Rain,' just last month, will perform 'Over the Rainbow' with Paltrow. Morrison previously performed a pared-down version of the 'Wizard of Oz' hit on the 'Glee' seas...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gone With the Wind Turns 75 (PHOTOS)
- Nick Jonas Surprises Fans at FAO Schwarz with a Casual Performance of Jealous on the Big Piano
- FROM TIME: Thinking About a Trip to Cuba? 5 Things You Should Know
- 'The Interview' was originally scripted with fake country, fake leader's name
- Ex-'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden indicted on rape charges
- Fox News should air ?The Interview,' says Jimmy Kimmel
- Chelsea Peretti started her stand-up career by telling fart jokes
- ?School of Rock' musical coming to Broadway, courtesy of Andrew Lloyd Webber
- ?The Colbert Report' has a yard sale and sells Michael Stipe, Beatles figurines, more
- Kate Upton Spotted Makeup-Free at Airport—See the Fresh-Faced Beauty for Yourself!
- Snooki's 2-Month-Old Daughter Is Not Pleased to Hear Mama Sing, Reality Star Jokes, ''I'm the Worst Mother Ever''
- Get a First Look at the New Fashion Police Cast—See Their Adorable Pic!