Posts with tag "Mel Gibson"
- Posted Jul 2nd 2011 at 12:44 PM by Moviefone Editors
The best movies of 2011? Already? How can we possibly know? This weekend, our friends at Moviefone are looking back at this year's most entertaining films -- so far. After all, we've reached the exact halfway point of 2011. We know plenty of critics predicted 'The Beaver' would be a turkey, so you might be surprised to see it kick off the Top Ten. Did your faves make our countdown? 10. 'The ...
- Posted Jun 16th 2011 at 08:26 AM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- CelebRehab -
- Sex That's SFW -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
Congressman Anthony Weiner is looking to rehab his image with the American politic and his wife, close Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin. What better way to do it than steal a page out of the celebrity redemption playbook and enroll himself in "treatment" to make himself both a better person and a better husband. Will it work? Does rehab cleanse all sins? Rehab is the celebrity equivalent of c...
- Posted May 21st 2011 at 11:54 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Damage control is underway for Lars von Trier. The Danish director of Kirsten Dunst's latest film made incendiary remarks in Cannes claiming to "sympathize" with Hitler, which got him swiftly banned from the film festival. Now, while von Trier seems to be loving his new status as bad-boy of the fest, he also insists, "I'm not Mel Gibson." As it happens, a rant-free Gibson popped up in Cannes...
- Posted May 17th 2011 at 06:40 PM by Katelyn Mullen
It has been quite some time since we've seen Mel Gibson take a walk down the red carpet, but the time has come. Gibson attended the premiere of his new film, 'The Beaver' at the 64th Cannes Film Festival arm-in-arm with his co-star, Jodie Foster. The two stayed close as they made their way to the theater and their body language suggests Foster doesn't have the same feelings toward Gibson as ...
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 11:53 PM by Brittany Weiss
Jodie Foster is definitely not shying away from the complicated publicity her new film, 'The Beaver,' is attracting. In fact, she's smiling at the criticism -- good and bad. "It's not like anything you've ever seen. It has a very wry, interesting tone. And if you can embrace that, you can embrace the title, too," Foster told PopEater. It's a little ironic to see Mel Gibson playing the char...
- Posted Apr 22nd 2011 at 09:56 AM by John Mitchell
Mel Gibson has finally opened up about the explosive audio recordings between himself and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva that leaked onto the Internet last summer, inspiring a backlash many believe has killed the Oscar winner's career. "I've never treated anyone badly or in a discriminatory way based on their gender, race, religion or sexuality -- period. I don't blame some people for thinking...
- Posted Apr 9th 2011 at 10:36 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
For the highly anticipated sequel to 'The Hangover,' Liam Neeson replaced Mel Gibson in the cameo role of a Bangkok tattoo artist -- after cast and crew allegedly objected to Gibson's participation -- and the scene reportedly went off without a hitch. But as it turns out, moviegoers won't see Neeson in 'The Hangover: Part II,' after all. What happened? First, director Todd Phillips decided o...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 01:41 PM by PopEater Staff
Mel Gibson turned himself in to get booked and released on a misdemeanor battery charge on Wednesday, and during his short time with the El Segundo Police Department, the 'Braveheart' actor was fingerprinted and had his photo taken. That mug shot has just been released and shows Gibson wearing a black T-shirt and staring blankly into the camera, this time without the faint smile he sported for his...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 09:10 AM by Rob Shuter
Mel Gibson was noticeably absent from the South by Southwest Film Festival last night when 'The Beaver,' his long-delayed dark comedy directed by friend Jodie Foster, premiered to an excited audience. While Jodie was singing his praises on the red carpet, Mel took the evening off to get booked in his criminal battery case, but I'm told that even if he wasn't doing some housekeeping, the film's t...
- Posted Mar 16th 2011 at 03:45 PM by Jo Piazza
Jodie Foster doesn't typically wear her heart on her sleeve, but when The Hollywood Reporter interviewed her about her 'Beaver' co-star Mel Gibson, Foster teared up and unleashed a Gibson love-fest the reporter was not expecting. "God, I love that man," Foster said about Mel. "The performance he gave in this movie, I will always be grateful for. He brought a lifetime of pain to the character th...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Meet the Therouxs! Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Make First Joint Public Appearance as a Married Couple
- Barack & Michelle Obama's Cutest White House Moments, Ranked
- VIDEO: Does Donald Trump Plan on Redecorating the White House if He's Elected?
- 'Real Housewife' star Jill Zarin in car accident
- French Ministry hosts dwarf fashion show
- Filming begins in Dubai for new movie 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Newlyweds Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Are the Perfect Match in Black at The Leftovers Premiere
- 10 Ways Lifetime's Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story Completely Let Us Down
- Countdown to JWoww's Wedding: Everything We Know About the Jersey Shore Star's Upcoming Ceremony