Posts with tag "Meryl Streep"
- Posted Feb 8th 2011 at 12:05 PM by Zach Dionne
Meryl Streep is set to play Margaret Thatcher in the biopic 'The Iron Lady,' now filming in London. A convincing photo released today shows just how real the transformation will be for Streep, 61. "The prospect of exploring the swathe cut through history by this remarkable woman is a daunting and exciting challenge," Streep said in a statement (via The Hollywood Reporter). "I am trying to...
- Posted Nov 16th 2010 at 03:00 PM by The Editors of Urlesque
- Filed under:
With the exception of Twitter, it's rare to see bona fide movie stars like Meryl Streep -- practically American royalty -- on the Internet. Our friends at Urlesque , however, have unearthed a rare (and unexpected) treat -- Streep making a hysterical turn on Lisa Kudrow's award-winning web series 'Web Therapy.' In 'Therapy,' Kudrow plays egomaniacal therapist Dr. Fiona Wallace, who holds...
- Posted Oct 24th 2010 at 09:17 AM by Moviefone Editors
They've already demonstrated on-screen chemistry by kissing in public, and now two of the biggest movie stars in the world are taking their relationship one step further. Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock are attached to star in the next movie from Michael Patrick King, writer/director of the 'Sex and the City' films. As if that's not enough star power, Oprah Winfrey also has a role in the...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 09:40 AM by Sam Brand
What's Sandra Bullock going to wear tonight?! You should be thinking about more important things, like how you're going to make money off tonight's Golden Globes. Who is Vegas picking to win Best Picture (Drama)? That would be 'Avatar' & 'Up in the Air.' But we don't think that's where the smart money is. The odds are out, the favorites are marked, and a few underdogs are poised to make a...
- Posted Jan 8th 2010 at 08:50 PM by Mike Hess
Sharon Stone is fighting back against a magazine quote in which the actress seemed to bash Meryl Streep, as Stone tells PopEater exclusively that the publication took her quote completely out of context. "It is not ok with me for someone to take a statement I made with good-natured intent and to try and make it in to something politically incorrect," Stone tells PopEater. More exclusive quotes...
- Posted Dec 14th 2009 at 09:11 AM by Jo Piazza
In the new romantic comedy for the aged, "It's Complicated," Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin become embroiled in an AARP-style love triangle. Martha Stewart recently weighed in on what it was like to see the 51-year old Baldwin getting jiggy on the screen. "He's fat and he's naked," Stewart said with a look of shock and even a little disgust on her face. That made us wonder about...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2009 at 11:02 AM by PopEater Staff
In a candid chat with Interview magazine -- conducted by her 'Nine' co-star Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz talks about her female role models and how much she loves Meryl Streep. "Whenever I see her, I always go up to her and start kissing her. I don't even say anything -- I just kiss her. She must think I'm some crazy person," she says of Streep. Cruz also discusses her first encounter with...
- Posted Nov 30th 2009 at 03:25 PM by PopEater Staff
If Meryl Streep is in a movie, she's almost bound to get an Oscar nomination. But surprisingly, the most talented actress of her generation doesn't enjoy being photographed. "I hate to have my picture taken," the Oscar-winner tells Vanity Fair. Streep also talks to the magazine about being a working actress at her age, the financial success of 'Mamma Mia' and life in general. More Inside...
- Posted Nov 27th 2009 at 06:00 AM by Tricia Romano
It's November, which means it's officially time to think about the Oscars. People are already placing bets on the top performances even if they haven't seen them yet (think the soon-to-be-released and highly-anticipated 'Nine'). There are some actresses who have been on the road to Oscardom ever since they began emoting; others found a way out of their earlier career mishaps and have reinvented...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 08:00 PM by Tricia Romano
It's November, which means it's officially time to think about the Oscars. People are already placing bets on the top performances even if they haven't seen them yet (think the soon-to-be-released and highly-anticipated 'Nine'). There are some actors who have been on the road to Oscardom ever since they began emoting; others found a way out of their earlier career mishaps and have reinvented...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Doctor in New York City Tests Positive for Ebola
- Lamar Odom Won't Sign Divorce Papers, Kardashians Haven't Heard from Him in Weeks
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Family-Friendly Dinner
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- 'The Roosevelts' earn PBS biggest audience in 20 years
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation