Posts with tag "Michael Jackson"
- Posted Jul 4th 2011 at 12:05 AM by Boombox Editors
Usher closed out the first day of the Essence Music Festival on Friday (July 1), with a rousing two hour performance in which he paid homage to the late Michael Jackson. Shocking the audience with his entrance, the Grammy winner emerged from a platform in the middle of the New Orleans Superdome high above the crowd, before breaking into his set. "Welcome to the first day of the Essence Music...
- Posted Jun 30th 2011 at 07:00 PM by AOL Music Editors
Two years after his death, Michael Jackson continues to leave an indelible mark on his pop peers and disciples -- and some of it isn't so good. In a revealing interview with OK! Magazine (via Long Island Press) singer/rapper Aaron Carter tells a tale of drug use and underage drinking with the former King of Pop. "I never talked about it... This is the first time. I do... I miss Michael... I...
- Posted Jun 29th 2011 at 09:00 PM by Nicki Gostin
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Top News
La Toya Jackson is convinced her brother Michael was murdered. From the bottom of her heart, murdered. And she knows who did it. The second half of Jackson's memoir, 'Starting Over,' deals with her gradual reconciliation with her famous family, specifically Michael. The outspoken singer-actress pulled no punches when PopEater caught up with her to discuss her controversial theories about the...
- Posted Jun 27th 2011 at 09:03 AM by Katelyn Mullen
In an unfortunate and sad twist of fate, almost exactly two years after Michael Jackson's shocking and untimely death, his iconic leather jacket worn by him in the 'Thriller' video has sold for an eye opening $1.8 million dollars. The red and black leather jacket was purchased on June 26, 2011 by Milton Verret, a commodities trader from Austin, Texas at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills....
- Posted Jun 25th 2011 at 09:23 AM by Christine Fenno
Today marks two years since the shocking death of Michael Jackson, and unsurprisingly, controversy surrounding the singer has hardly died down. In the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, accused of administering the pop icon's fatal dose of meds, the defendant is allegedly maintaining his innocence so adamantly, TMZ reports that Murray wants to refuse any plea offer, including...
- Posted Jun 15th 2011 at 01:15 AM by Boombox Editors
Michael Jackson might be gone, but his fans live on. The Behind the Mask Project -- the global online casting call for Jackson's 'Behind the Mask' music video, off his first posthumous album 'Michael' -- premiered this morning on the late pop icon's Facebook page. Directed by Dennis Liu the video is "100 percent fan made" by fans from all over the world, including Jordan, Southern Sudan,...
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 09:05 PM by Spinner Editors
With the world clamoring for posthumous Michael Jackson material, most of what has been unveiled so far has been mired in controversy for one reason or another. The Bee Gees' Barry Gibb, who is an official Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) lest you forget, is hoping to change that. Turns out, he's been sitting on an undisputed but largely unknown collaboration with Jackson that...
- Posted May 5th 2011 at 04:30 PM by PopEater Staff
It sounds like the beginning of a bad joke: So Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Jackson and Marlon Brando go on a road trip ... In reality, it's a bizarre tale that's part of an article in Vanity Fair's June issue, which says the three mega-stars were so desperate to escape Manhattan in the wake of 9/11 that they actually hopped in a car and drove themselves to safety in the good ol' Midwest. Yes, the...
- Posted Apr 6th 2011 at 03:30 PM by Sarah Crow
The lawyer for Dr. Conrad Murray, the man accused of administering the drugs that killed Michael Jackson, is claiming that his client is an innocent man. The AP reports that Murray's lawyer, Edward Chernoff, is arguing that it was Jackson himself and not Murray that ended the King of Pop's life. In a pre-trial hearing, Chernoff put forth the theory that Jackson was so distraught over his...
- Posted Mar 10th 2011 at 10:34 PM by Matthew Shepatin
Dick Zimmerman became world-renowned for introducing a style of celebrity portrait photography that looked like a painting. (You remember all those TV Guide covers from the '70s and '80s, right?) Over the years, he's shot some of the biggest names in Hollywood, ranging from Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman to John Travolta and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Over a 13-year period, Zimmerman also...
Popeater Hot Topics
- George and Amal Clooney Celebrate with Post-Wedding Party in London
- Happy Birthday, Katy Perry! See Her Changing Looks
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Says She Was Molested by Mother's Boyfriend
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine