Posts with tag "Monique"
- Posted Apr 19th 2010 at 05:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Gerald Imes, the brother of Oscar winner Mo'Nique, appeared on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' on Monday to apologize and admit he molested the actress when they were children. He told Winfrey the abuse went on for about a year or two and started when he was 13 and Mo'Nique was around 7 or 8. "I abused and betrayed the trust of another sibling, my sister, my blood sister," Imes said. He apologized to...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2010 at 02:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Mo'Nique took some time to send her love and support to fellow Oscar winner Sandra Bullock, as reports are flying about her husband Jesse James' affair with Michelle McGee. "To my sweet sister Sandra, my prayers are with you," Mo'Nique said to ET. "My prayers are also with your husband, baby. That is between the two of you and I hope ya'll make it work." Mo'Nique, who is in an open...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 11:18 AM by Linda Leseman
It's no secret that Gabourey Sidibe gave a heart-wrenching performance of a lifetime in 'Precious.' It's also no secret that her weight could limit the number of roles she's offered in the future. This raises an important question: Do we champion Sidibe's acting career despite the fact that she's a plus-sized woman, because of that fact or regardless of it? That Hollywood adores stick thin...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 11:05 AM by PopEater Staff
The Oscar red carpet is basically the Super Bowl of red carpets. This year, HollywoodLife.com and PopEater are teaming up to get your opinion on the best and worst dressed of the night. We picked a few of our favorites, and want you to tell us who you think was best -- Rachel, Mo'Nique, K-Stew, Cameron or Sandra -- in the poll!...
- Posted Mar 7th 2010 at 08:07 AM by Caitlin McCormack
- Filed under:
- Quips & Quotes
In this day of celebrity entourages and PR protection, it's rare for a star to make a false statement. But Hollywood is nowhere near perfect, and every so often its peeps will make an off-colour comment or reveal more than they intended to. We keep you informed of the most noteworthy Tinseltown talk with our weekly installment of celebrity Quips & Quotes. This week: Mo'Nique talks...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2010 at 11:57 AM by PopEater Staff
In Barbara Walter's annual Oscar Special, nominee Mo'Nique revealed her open marriage with husband Sidney Hicks isn't quite so open. "Let me say this," she said. "I have not had sex outside my marriage with Sidney." But the same might not be true for him, NY Daily News reports. "Could Sid have sex outside of his marriage with me?" the 'Precious' star asked. "Yes. That's not a deal-breaker....
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 09:40 AM by Sam Brand
What's Sandra Bullock going to wear tonight?! You should be thinking about more important things, like how you're going to make money off tonight's Golden Globes. Who is Vegas picking to win Best Picture (Drama)? That would be 'Avatar' & 'Up in the Air.' But we don't think that's where the smart money is. The odds are out, the favorites are marked, and a few underdogs are poised to make a...
- Posted Nov 16th 2009 at 11:11 AM by Amber James
'Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire' is the movie everyone was talking about this weekend. After wowing the festival circuit earlier this year -- receiving a standing ovation at Cannes and being the first film ever to win the Audience awards at both Sundance and Toronto -- PopEater wondered if the film would live up to its Oscar buzz. We decided to asked our Facebook and Twitter fans...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2009 at 06:00 AM by Bryan Alexander
When Oprah Winfrey led a parade of A-listers on the red carpet at the Toronto Film Festival recently, comparisons to the Beatles on 'Ed Sullivan' quickly came to mind. The reaction from onlookers was rapturous. There to promote 'Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire,' Winfrey appeared genuinely touched by the rabid Canadian reception, clutching her hand to her heart in thanks. But the...
- Posted Oct 1st 2009 at 11:45 AM by PopEater Staff
After promising to attend the New York Film Festival premiere of 'Precious,' actress Mo'Nique has decided she's not being paid enough to attend. According to Roger Friedman of The Hollywood Reporter, Mo'Nique has "a reputation for demanding money for showing up" to promote the film. Allegedly even her publicist Tresa Sanders -- whose experience includes Mary J. Blige and other hip hop divas --...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mom Accused in Salt Poisoning of 5-Year-Old Says Child May Be Responsible for His Death
- Officials Confirm First Ebola Case Diagnosed in the United States
- Inside Amanda Bynes's New Troubles
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'
- ?Sons of Anarchy' star Theo Rossi on the shows that make him cry
- That ?Tetris' movie you always wanted is finally happening
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Jeremy Roloff Honeymooning in Jamaica—See the Pics, and Watch This Sweet Moment Shared With Twin Brother Zach Before His Wedding
- Sofía Vergara and Joe Manganiello Double Date With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum: See the Hot Pics!
- Beyoncé and Jay Z Attend Soccer Game With David Beckham, Plus See the Latest Pics of Blue Ivy!