Posts with tag "Morgan Freeman"
- Posted Jun 11th 2011 at 02:19 PM by Christine Fenno
Clint Eastwood, Matthew McConaughey, Casey Affleck, Helen Mirren, Sidney Poitier, Matthew Broderick, Cuba Gooding Jr., Tim Robbins, Betty White and Samuel L. Jackson were among the stars who gathered Thursday in Hollywood for dazzling a tribute to Morgan Freeman. As guest of honor at the black-tie dinner, catered by Wolfgang Puck, the 74-year-old actor was given a Life Achievement Award from...
- Posted Dec 17th 2010 at 08:58 AM by Zach Dionne
For a few minutes Thursday afternoon, it seemed like Morgan Freeman had suddenly died, with CNN supposedly breaking the news. Turns out it was just a regular guy on Twitter playing a joke that caught fire. "How did the rumor begin?" Slate.com asks. "Blame it on @originalcjizzle, a guy with nearly 1,500 followers who is fond of calling people 'jive turkeys.' Just before 5PM ET,...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 11:10 AM by PopEater Staff
It's Election Day, and after countless political ads leading up to this moment, there's one that has Morgan Freeman fuming. In the battle for the fourth district of North Carolina, Republican candidate B.J. Lawson ran an ad against his Democrat counterpart Rep. David Price which his team originally claimed was Freeman's voice, but the Oscar winner strongly denies it. "These people are lying,"...
- Posted Feb 19th 2010 at 06:46 AM by PopEater Staff
After a 2008 car crash, Morgan Freeman still has no mobility in his left hand. "I suffered nerve damage and it hasn't gotten better. I can't move it," the actor told PEOPLE. "If you don't move your hand, it will swell up. Do you know you move your hand about a million times a day?" he added. The 'Invictus' star crashed his car in Mississippi in August of 2008. Freeman had to be airlifted...
- Posted Jan 4th 2010 at 05:41 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Nearly six months after Walter Cronkite's death, his voice is leaving the 'CBS Evening News.' His introduction of anchor Katie Couric was replaced Monday by a voiceover featuring actor Morgan Freeman. The legendary CBS News anchor's voice was played at the beginning of most newscasts when Couric started at CBS in 2006. Cronkite's voice was kept on the air even after his death July 17. ...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 09:23 AM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "Jersey Shore," "Mikey Teutul Rehab," "Tiger Woods Text Messages," and "Andrew Conley" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today......
Popeater Hot Topics
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Really Blonde - See Her Bold New Look
- Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Leon Dishes on Life After High School
- Justin Theroux Evokes His Inner Matthew McConaughey to Deal with Paparazzi
- From Vine to the Billboard charts: Teen singer Shawn Mendes has breakthrough
- Reba McEntire releases new song, 'Pray for Peace'
- EPA sends out tweet promoting Kim Kardashian game, apologizes for doing so
- ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All': ?I had no idea you guys were kissing her so fast!'
- A serious attempt to understand Blake Lively's Goop-like website
- Dwayne Johnson maybe just revealed that he's playing a ?Justice League' superhero
- Billy Bob Thornton Criticizes TV's Cupcake Wars: "Does It Have to Be a F--king Competition?"
- Emma Stone Annoyed Colin Firth by Live-Texting Him the Entire Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Plot
- Husband Makes Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses for Not Having Sex; Wife Posts Rejection Log to Reddit