Posts with tag "New orleans"
- Posted Aug 28th 2010 at 09:42 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Brad Pitt
In the five years since Hurricane Katrina laid waste to many stretches of the gulf region, Brad Pitt has channeled energy into helping rebuild New Orleans' Lower 9th Ward. This week, the Oscar nominee and avid architecture buff visited a neighborhood of new Big Easy homes that his Make it Right foundation helped construct in the once-deluged city. He was reportedly greeted by smiling fans and Loui...
- Posted Jun 19th 2010 at 04:46 PM by Jane Levere
The season-ending episode of 'Treme,' the highly-acclaimed HBO series about the neighborhood of the same name in post-Katrina New Orleans, will air this Sunday night. PopEater caught up with Wendell Pierce, who portrays one of the series' main characters, Antoine Batiste, a smooth-talking trombonist, by phone from his hometown of New Orleans, to discuss his role, his roots and his love of jazz, am...
- Posted Aug 13th 2009 at 11:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Brad Pitt has a giant spot reserved in his heart for the Big Easy, where he's been working tirelessly for the past few years to rebuild the Hurricane Katrina-ravaged Ninth Ward. His Make It Right charity has so far funded the construction of 15 houses in the area, with 135 more planned by next year. Pitt's heartfelt efforts, plus the fact he owns a home in the city, have made him a bona fid...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Twitter Is Freaking Out Over One Direction's New Surprise Single
- Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Pleads Not Guilty to Federal Charges
- Stars Love This $6,000 Ring - Here's the $60 Version
- Ryan Seacrest's ‘Knock Knock Live' off the air after 2 episodes
- Whitney, Bobbi deaths not first time celeb mother, child died under similar circumstances
- Ashley Monroe talks 10-year friendship with Miranda Lambert
- Her Outfit Costs What?! Reese Witherspoon's $1,037 Summer-Perfect Street Style
- Lizzie McGuire's Ethan Craft, Clayton Snyder, Is Super Hot Now—See Photos and Find Out What He's Been Up To!
- Miley Cyrus Dons Ultra-Short Shorts, Long Blond Hair for New Mac Viva Glam Campaign—Take a Look!