Posts with tag "NicolasCage"
- Posted Dec 9th 2009 at 06:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Nicolas Cage's financial problems keep piling up -- now the Oscar winner is being sued by his ex for $13M. Christina Fulton claims fraud and breach of contract in her complaint, saying that she's nearly $1.2M in debt due to the actor's own troubles. "This lawsuit is ridiculous and absurd. Nicolas Cage has given her approximately three million every year for many years, even though he was...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 02:31 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Nicolas Cage has visited a Kenyan prison holding suspected Somali pirates awaiting trial to highlight the problem of piracy in the Indian Ocean. Inmates danced for the movie star and shook his hand as he toured the Shimo La Tewa prison in the Kenyan coastal town of Mombasa. The prison has become a model for other jails in the country because of the reform work of its chief warden, Wanini Kireri....
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 11:50 AM by PopEater Staff
Nicolas Cage filed a $20 million lawsuit against his former business manager Samuel J. Levin alleging that he was reckless with his money, including doing such things as not paying taxes, which is the reason Cage now owes more than $6 million in unpaid taxes. While Cage blames mismanagement for his financial ruin, The Daily Beast is showing another perspective, revealing the actor purchased...
- Posted Oct 29th 2009 at 04:22 PM by PopEater Staff
Nicolas Cage's father August Coppola has died at age 75 of a heart attack, Cage's spokeswoman Annett Wolf told the AP. Coppola taught literature and served as dean of creative arts at San Francisco State University. Besides Cage, Coppola is survived by sons Christopher and Marc and three grandchildren. ...
- Posted Oct 17th 2009 at 09:48 AM by PopEater Staff
'Leaving Las Vegas' star Nicolas Cage is apparently in dire straits. The actor has filed a $20 million lawsuit against his former business manager, alleging that bad advice and mismanagement led him toward financial ruin. Cage brought the suit against Samuel J. Levin and his firm, according to the Associated Press....
- Posted Oct 12th 2009 at 03:09 PM by Jo Piazza
The IRS is hot on Nic Cage's booty since the Oscar winner (and 'National Treasure' star) allegedly owes $6 million in back taxes. Still, his failure to pay surely can't be due to a lack of funds, as he's worth an estimated $38 mil. Are there no decent accountants in Hollywood? After the jump, celeb watchers and accountants weigh in on Nic and other celebs stiffed the man! Meantime, rock out to...
- Posted Oct 10th 2009 at 10:18 AM by PopEater Staff
Oscar-winner Nicolas Cage now has the IRS after him. A lien has been placed on the actor's real estate holdings because he owes $6 million in back taxes dating from 2007, PEOPLE reports....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Winnie the Pooh Reportedly Banned from a Polish Playground for Being 'Inappropriately Dressed'
- From Kendall's New Gig to Kim's Fragrance Tour, Get Your Kardashian/Jenner Style Fix
- Harold Henthorn, Accused of Killing Wife, Had Map Marked with Spot Where She Fell, Authorities Say
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- The Queen Latifah Show Cancelled After Two Seasons, Host Thanks Her Fans and Crew
- The Duggars Promote Their Own Petition to Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC Following Backlash
- Matthew McConaughey Was Robbed of Another Sexiest Man Alive Title (Or So Says Stephen Colbert!)