Posts with tag "Oprah Winfrey"
- Posted Jul 6th 2011 at 06:16 PM by Rob Shuter
Oprah Winfrey is back in the USA after spending time with her "girls" at the school she opened in South Africa, but don't fear, ladies, Miss O will be returning soon in the role of teacher. "They were all stressed for tests, but doing fine," Oprah emailed fans -- including yours truly -- about her students. "No major crisis this trip. I love being with them and talking to them about all...
- Posted Jun 26th 2011 at 09:11 AM by Christine Fenno
Call her Dr. Oprah Winfrey! On Friday, the media mogul visited South Africa, where she was given an honorary doctorate degree in education from the University of the Free State. The talk-show queen, who wrapped the 25th and final season of her legendary daytime series in May, dressed in formal cap and gown for the affair. Guests in attendance report that she was moved to tears while on stage...
- Posted Jun 20th 2011 at 02:45 PM by Rob Shuter
Oprah Winfrey, whose relationship with her dad Vernon has been contentious at best, called him yesterday to wish him a Happy Father's Day, the daytime legend revealed in a surprising email to fans on Sunday. "I already called my Dad, since I knew I'd be traveling out of the country today," Oprah wrote adding, "Happy Father's Day to all you great dads. And to those of you who are trying to be...
- Posted Jun 16th 2011 at 04:14 PM by Marc Schneider
Oprah Winfrey is admitting that her OWN channel has gotten off to a bumpy start, but if she lands her desired interview things may start to look up by next year. Winfrey told a cable industry trade show audience in Chicago on Thursday that her "dream" is to take on O.J. Simpson and get the ultimate scoop on her upcoming chat show, 'Oprah's Next Chapter.' "I have a dream of O.J. Simpson...
- Posted Jun 14th 2011 at 08:12 PM by Rob Shuter
In May of last year, Sarah Ferguson was once again embroiled in scandal when she was caught attempting to sell access to her ex-husband, Prince Andrew. Brought to her knees financially, Fergie reached out to Oprah Winfrey. After promising the Queen of TV she would not do 'Dancing With the Stars' (and a cooking show in Australia), the cash-strapped Duchess of York agreed to do her own show,...
- Posted May 26th 2011 at 05:30 PM by Rob Shuter
"I won't say goodbye. I'll just say, Until we meet again." With those final words, the era of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' came to end Wednesday, but just as she said, don't expect the Queen of Daytime to go away. Sources tell me this most definitely is not the end, but rather the beginning of Oprah. "She is going to dedicate herself to her new network and do whatever needs to be done to make...
- Posted May 26th 2011 at 04:45 PM by AOL TV Editors
It seems Oprah Winfrey's message of love and self-acceptance during the final episode of her talk show was enough to boost yesterday's goodbye to the top of the ratings. Despite the fact that none of the multitude of celebrities present at the taping in Chicago's United Center actually appeared during the episode, during which Winfrey looked back on her 25 years on television, the last...
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 12:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Just like that, it's over. Oprah Winfrey delivered her final hour on Wednesday in a quiet and decidedly celeb-less sendoff for her 25-year-old talk show. "You and this show have been the great love of my life," she told the lucky audience near the end of the episode, but not before taking viewers on a trip down memory lane. The show began with a clip from first show ever -- Sept. 8, 1986....
- Posted May 24th 2011 at 04:32 PM by PopEater Staff
It had to end. The last group of brightly dressed daytime disciples filed into Harpo Studios in Chicago on Tuesday afternoon and witnessed the final taping of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show.' The episode, to air Wednesday, continues to be a tightly guarded secret and fans were only notified about their lucky break (imagine the free gift) on Friday or Saturday. Promos for the episode ask "Where were...
- Posted May 23rd 2011 at 10:25 AM by Rob Shuter
Oprah Winfrey's final show airing this Wednesday will be the biggest farewell that television has seen in nearly 20 years. The last time anyone leaving a TV show got this much attention was when Johnny Carson left 'The Tonight Show' in 1992. Ending 'Oprah' after 25 landmark years, the daytime queen is expected to break her own ratings records. It's basically a three-day goodbye. On Monday and...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendall and Kylie's Latest Fashion Shoot: 'We Don't Remember a Time Before the Cameras'
- Gov. Rick Perry Booked, Gets Mug Shot Taken
- Sarah Jessica Parker: The Burger that Changed Our Lives
- Adrianne Palicki reportedly cast as Marvel super spy Bobbi Morse in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Casey Kasem to be buried in Norway, wife cites heritage
- Bill Cosby gives bizarre sex talk on 'Tonight Show'
- Lindsay Lohan posts selfie with Tina Fey during EW's ?Mean Girls' reunion
- The Rock is starring in DC's ?Shazam'? as the villain? An investigation
- Exclusive: The cast of Broadway's ?It's Only a Play' reenacts Ellen's Oscar selfie
- Johnny Depp and Daughter Lily-Rose Team Up for New Film Yoga Hosers
- Terrence Jenkins, Catt Sadler and Jesse Giddings Get Soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Vin Diesel Poses Naked in Racy Shower Photo After Completing the Ice Bucket Challenge—Take a Look!