Posts with tag "Oscars 2010"
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 07:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Between all the amazing tributes and awards, celebrities took time to have fun with their famous friends (and idols) at the 2010 Academy Awards. Uploading backstage photos to Twitter, stars shared the fun stuff we didn't see on TV. Even before the ceremony began, 'Inglourious Basterds' actor Eli Roth decided to work on his tan. "Last minute Oscar preparations," Roth writes on Twitter. See more pho...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 07:11 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The Japanese fishing village featured in 'The Cove,' which won an Oscar for best documentary, defended its practice of hunting dolphins Monday as a part of its tradition. Residents of this remote village nestled on the rocky coast of southwestern Japan expressed disgust at the film, which they said distorted the truth, though few acknowledged seeing it in its entirety. The covertly filmed movie, w...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 06:49 AM by PopEater Staff
At the 2010 Oscars, focus was brought on actress Helen Mirren's tattoo -- a tiny symbol on her left thumb. Last month, Mirren told Good Morning America (via PEOPLE) that it happened a "very, very long time ago" when she was "very, very drunk." The 64-year-old actress explained that the symbol was inked by an Indian artist while she was on the road in Minnesota touring with a play. "I decided to ge...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2010 at 01:53 AM by Sam Brand
OK, this is random. Totally random. We've put together a little collection of tweets about this year's ten Academy Award nominees for Best Picture: totally random people, from totally random countries, tweeting possibly random things about the best flicks of 2010. Stereotyping generally isn't cool. Matthew McConaughey isn't into trucks just 'cuz he's from Texas. And Hungarians don't hate 'Avatar' ...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 12:30 PM by Sam Brand
Never before has a star taken home Best and Worst Actress in the same year. Granted, Sandra Bullock is nominated for two separate films: 'The Blind Side' and 'All About Steve' - we'll let you figure out which is which. We're pulling for her. In other news, it's Groundhog Day. Punxsutawney Phil might be the official overgrown rodent of the moment, but he's not the only one making predictions. And y...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 08:39 AM by PopEater Staff
The 2010 Oscars nominations were announced this morning, and sci-fi shoo-in 'Avatar' and the war-on-terror thriller 'The Hurt Locker' lead the Academy Awards with nine nominations each including Best Picture. Other nominees in the best picture category include: 'Blind Side,' 'District 9,' 'An Education,' 'Inglorious Basterds,' 'Precious,' 'A Serious Man,' 'Up' and 'Up in the Air.' The 82nd Oscars ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lena Dunham Celebrates Her Freedom, and Shows Off Her Curves, in Lingerie Pic
- Martin Sheen Felt 'Powerless' During Son Charlie Sheen's Public Meltdown in 2011
- Twitter Wants Amy Schumer to Take Over The Bachelorette
- Demi Moore and Rumer Willis look identical in new pics
- Dina and Ali Lohan can't get a table at Hamptons hot spot
- 'Aloha' movie draws disapproval for using Hawaiian word for title
- Even Taylor Swift's Mom Thought She Was Singing "Starbucks Lovers" in "Blank Space"
- Jessica Simpson's Daughter Maxwell Models a Swimsuit Just Like Her Mama—See the Pics!
- Johnny Depp Could Face Up to 10 Years in Prison for Smuggling His Yorkshire Terriers Boo and Pistol Into Australia