Posts with tag "Oscars2010"
- Posted Mar 9th 2010 at 02:04 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Weight -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
If the world of entertainment is a young person's game and networks are doing everything they can to stay hip, relevant and watchable, well then there might be some big changes on the way for ABC's annual Oscars special. Jimmy Kimmel, thanks to the success of his hilarious post-show stunts, might be the new go-to face for Oscar night. Scoop on Jimmy, plus word that 'Precious' Gabby is being told ...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 10:20 AM by PopEater Staff
A-list stars like Hilary Swank, Katy Perry and Amy Adams attended the Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Graydon Carter at the Sunset Tower Hotel on March 7, 2010, in West Hollywood, California. Showing lots of skin, the stars stepped out in their best dresses, proving that the switch from red carpet dress to evening dress went more smoothly for some than it did for others. See PopEater's picks for ...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 09:09 AM by Marc Schneider
Maybe it went semi-unnoticed because they were accepting one of the night's lower-profile awards, but the personal tiff between 'Music by Prudence' producer Elinor Burkett and director-producer Roger Ross Williams spilled over on stage at Sunday's Oscars, causing one of the night's weirder moments. In what is being dubbed the "Kanye" moment of the night, Burkett rushed the stage while Williams ...
- Posted Mar 7th 2010 at 07:19 PM by PopEater Staff
Miley Cyrus at the 2010 Oscars has stirred much debate here at PopEater headquarters. The teen starlet showed up sporting a champagne-colored Jennifer Packham outfit that seemed to be part corset, part dress. We're pretty much split on whether the tight-fitting number is a big win or a bad idea for Miss Miley, so we're leaving it up to you, faithful readers... tell us what you think of Miley's ...
- Posted Mar 4th 2010 at 06:55 AM by PopEater Staff
Who knew that James Cameron was such a good sport? The 'Avatar' director says that he has no problem with skits poking fun at his kinda-sorta-successful movie this year at the Oscars, despite a story yesterday claiming Oscar producers yanked a Sacha Baron Cohen skit out of fear of upsetting Mr. Cameron. "If they want to poke fun at 'Avatar' Sunday, that's OK by me," Cameron told E! Online. ...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 09:35 AM by Ben Trivett
Faster then a speeding bullet? We think not. 'Defendor' is the tale of an everyday Joe who, well, just got a little too angry. Arthur Poppington, played by Woody Harrelson, dives headfirst into the underworld, but quickly learns that he can't dodge bullets and real life criminals hit a lot harder than in the comics. PopEater was able to catch up with Woody recently to talk about his time as ...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2010 at 01:53 AM by Sam Brand
OK, this is random. Totally random. We've put together a little collection of tweets about this year's ten Academy Award nominees for Best Picture: totally random people, from totally random countries, tweeting possibly random things about the best flicks of 2010. Stereotyping generally isn't cool. Matthew McConaughey isn't into trucks just 'cuz he's from Texas. And Hungarians don't hate 'Avatar' ...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 12:30 PM by Sam Brand
Never before has a star taken home Best and Worst Actress in the same year. Granted, Sandra Bullock is nominated for two separate films: 'The Blind Side' and 'All About Steve' - we'll let you figure out which is which. We're pulling for her. In other news, it's Groundhog Day. Punxsutawney Phil might be the official overgrown rodent of the moment, but he's not the only one making predictions. And ...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 08:39 AM by PopEater Staff
The 2010 Oscars nominations were announced this morning, and sci-fi shoo-in 'Avatar' and the war-on-terror thriller 'The Hurt Locker' lead the Academy Awards with nine nominations each including Best Picture. Other nominees in the best picture category include: 'Blind Side,' 'District 9,' 'An Education,' 'Inglorious Basterds,' 'Precious,' 'A Serious Man,' 'Up' and 'Up in the Air.' The 82nd Oscars ...
- Posted Nov 3rd 2009 at 07:34 PM by PopEater Staff
Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are set to co-host the 2010 Oscars. Producers Bill Mechanic and Adam Shankman stated, "We think the team of Steve and Alec are the perfect pair of hosts for the Oscars. Steve will bring the experience of having hosted the show in the past and Alec will be a completely fresh personality for this event." Baldwin and Martin follow in the footsteps of Hugh Jackman, who ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jordan Graham Trial: Did Her Wedding Blues Lead to Murder?
- Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher Attend Her Brother's Wedding, Susan Boyle Reveals Asperger's Diagnosis
- Simon Cowell's Girlfriend Showered in Baby Gifts
- 'Cherry Pie' girl Bobbi Brown: 'I wanted to shoot myself'
- Memorial for Paul Walker draws thousands in LA
- 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M in second week
- ?Saturday Night Live' best host poll: Third time the charm for Paul Rudd? ? VOTE
- ?Baby, It's Cold Outside': You choose the best version, in our Twelve Days of Christmas Classics ? POLL
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut in ?Of Mice and Men' with James Franco and Chris O'Dowd