Posts with tag "Pee-Wee Herman"
- Posted Aug 16th 2010 at 01:26 PM by PopEater Staff
Paul Reubens, of Pee-wee Herman fame, went from being one of the most respected and admired stars of children's TV and film to "that weirdo who got caught allegedly masturbating in a porn theater" overnight in 1991. Scandal slammed Reubens again in 2001 when his Hollywood home was raided on a false tip, resulting in three years battling child pornography charges which were eventually reduced to a ...
- Posted May 20th 2010 at 07:15 PM by PopEater Staff
It's true. Pee-wee Herman will be hitting Broadway later this year, The New York Times reports. The bow-tie clad character will get his own six-week run this October in 'The Pee-wee Herman Show' at the Stephen Sondheim Theater. And the man behind the man in the grey suit, Paul Reubens, couldn't be more excited. "I can hardly believe it," Reubens told the Times earlier this week. "Honestly, I've...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 12:18 PM by Bruce Haring
Exclusive: Pee-wee Herman is tired. At age 57, actor Paul Reubens is reviving his classic character and his Pee-wee's Playhouse concept in a Los Angeles stage show that runs Jan. 12-Feb. 7 at the Club Nokia@LA Live, a 2300-seater in a neon-filled downtown mall. PopEater caught up with Reubens to talk about his upcoming show, and how he's "very, very worn out" just from rehearsing his high-energy a...
- Posted Oct 30th 2009 at 01:52 PM by PopEater Staff
Most people know Paul Reubens for one role: Pee-wee Herman. In the latest issue of Details Magazine, he opens up about his constant obsession: "I am constantly hoping that, like, I'm still relevant at all." It makes sense. The 57-year-old actor is about to don the skinny suit again to perform as Pee-wee for the first time in 19 years -- starring in an elaborate live show. He just hopes people will...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 04:07 PM by Soraya Roberts
It's not like Pee-Wee Herman has ever been anti-technology. On 'Pee-Wee's Playhouse,' the popular 80s TV show that made him famous, the frenetic pale-faced hedonist used an early version of Skype to talk to his pals and picked up an oversized telephone for local calls. Outside these two modes of communication, he didn't need much else. Pee-Wee's friends - Cowboy Curtis, Miss Yvonne and Chairry - h...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish - to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello - and She Loves It
- Jennifer Lawrence blasts story of on-set fight
- Jennifer Lawrence reportedly has meltdown on set of David O. Russell movie
- Rosie O'Donnell files for divorce from wife Michelle Rounds
- Aww! Pregnant Jessica Biel Gets a Surprise Visit from Husband Justin Timberlake While Filming in New Orleans
- Michelle Rodriguez Apologizes After Asking Minority Actors to "Stop Stealing All the White People's Superheroes"
- Will Forte Reflects on Saturday Night Live, Assures Fans MacGruber 2 Is Still "Absolutely" in the Works