Posts with tag "Peta"
- Posted Mar 20th 2011 at 09:08 AM by Christine Fenno
Following the sudden death of 4-year-old Knut, the star of the Berlin Zoo, PETA now says they reached out months ago asking the famous bear's handlers to do more for his safety. Knut's mother rejected him shortly after his birth and he was raised by hand; his adorable photos took the world by storm when he was a cub, and he generated millions for the zoo. Polar bears reportedly have a life...
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 11:19 AM by Maggie Coughlan
Tim Gunn, Olivia Munn and Taraji P. Henson have very little in common -- except for their love of animals. All three are spokespeople for PETA, advocating for the rights of animals. Gunn, Munn and Henson joined forces at Stella McCartney in New York City to kick off an animal cruelty free fashion week and reveal Henson's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" ad. "Whenever I get passionate...
- Posted Feb 7th 2011 at 06:30 PM by AOL Music Editors
Joss Stone is baring all for a new PETA anti-fur campaign ad. Known for their creative use of naked celebrities, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have run ads with musicians like Morrissey and Dave Navarro, as well as non-nudes with the likes of Justin Bieber and Janet Jackson. Now the British soul star is getting in on the act, shedding all of her clothes for a promo urging a...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 01:50 AM by PopEater Staff
Actress Taraji P. Henson has joined the growing list of celebrities who are a part of PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign. The 40-year-old actress saw a documentary which showed how animals on fur farms were skinned alive, and she immediately gave up wearing fur. Henson said, "Before I saw that documentary, I would wear fur. But I saw this documentary, and I was riveted. I...
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 12:11 PM by Zach Dionne
Justin Bieber is on board with PETA's campaign to adopt pets rather than purchase them. According to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, roughly 8 million dogs and cats enter animal shelters every year in the United States. "It's really important that people adopt," Bieber says. "I really encourage going out to an animal shelter or a place where you can get a dog who has been...
- Posted Jan 6th 2011 at 10:07 AM by Amber James
Horse-drawn carriage rides through Central Park can be romantic and old fashioned, making them a staple among tourists visiting New York City. But 'Glee' star Lea Michele believes the Big Apple can do without the sight of carriages and has joined People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in a campaign to end the practice. Michele urges people to boycott the activity, claiming the horses...
- Posted Jan 5th 2011 at 07:38 AM by PopEater Staff
Local girl Lea Michele loves New York City, having spent years thriving on Broadway before leaving for Hollywood to conquer television. But there's one aspect of Big Apple life that she can do without: the sight of carriages, pulled by horses, shuttling tourists around busy, exhaust-blanketed streets. The 'Glee' star has joined up with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in a...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 06:04 AM by Spinner Editors
Bassist Duff McKagan of Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver fame recently disrobed alongside his wife, Susan Holmes McKagan, as part of PETA's "Ink, Not Mink" anti-fur campaign. The rock couple are not the only stars to pose for the cause -- musicians Dave Navarro, Tommy Lee and Linkin Park's Chester Bennington have also shown their tattooed bods for the campaign. Susan told PETA, "I think we...
- Posted Dec 7th 2010 at 09:54 AM by Zach Dionne
Lance Bass has joined the ranks of celebrities teaming with PETA, posing with his rescue dogs Dingo and Foster. The new campaign encourages prospective pet owners to always consider adoption over purchasing animals. Bass tells PETA, "The most loyal, loving pets definitely come from the pound, because I think they know where they come from. I think they started with a rough life, being sent...
- Posted Oct 28th 2010 at 03:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Lindsay Lohan has lined up an attractive offer that may get her some cash, but the role is less meaty than her usual parts. Upon hearing that the actress was struggling to pay her $50,000 rehab bill at the Betty Ford Center, animal rights group PETA has offered the actress $20,000 if she adopts a vegan diet. E! reports that PETA head Michelle Cho reached out to Lohan, telling the actress, "As...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hilary Duff: My Split from Mike Comrie Has Been 'Very Difficult'
- This Ice Cream Changes Color When You Lick It
- Vin Diesel Sings Sam Smith's 'Stay with Me'
- LeAnn Rimes reconnects with estranged father, sings 'Jesus Loves Me'
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!