Posts with tag "R.E.M."
- Posted Mar 8th 2011 at 11:15 PM by Spinner Editors
R.E.M. fans hoping to see the band hit the road to promote new album, 'Collapse Into Now,' look set to be disappointed after guitarist Peter Buck revealed the band have no plans to tour the record. Buck believes that in the current music-buying climate, touring no longer plays a significant role when it comes to record sales. He told Beatweek, "I'm not really sure that touring sells records. Wh...
- Posted Jan 14th 2011 at 02:15 AM by Spinner Editors
Don't expect to cross paths with Michael Stipe on your next camping trip. R.E.M.'s frontman revealed that he developed a fear of the outdoors after a near-death experience during an adolescent trip with the Boy Scouts. "I nearly died at 14," Stipe told the New York Post of the traumatic incident. "I was a Boy Scout lost on top of a mountain. It was very cold, wet and horrific. My father thought...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''