Posts with tag "Regis Philbin"
- Posted Jul 1st 2011 at 03:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
Regis Philbin has been letting himself get a little creepy as he heads toward retirement, ogling photos of Rosie Huntington-Whitely and pausing a bit too long thinking about Jennifer Lawrence's nude make-up preparation for 'X-Men: First Class.' You'd think his co-host, Kelly Ripa, would be used to it by now. But Thursday on 'Live With Regis and Kelly', Philbin made a comment that legitimately...
- Posted Jun 14th 2011 at 07:00 PM by AOL TV Editors
If you've been suspecting that Betty White has an evil plot to take over television, you got some confirmation Tuesday morning when she co-hosted 'Live With Regis and Kelly' (weekdays, syndicated). Sitting next to Regis Philbin at the table where Kelly Ripa usually sits, the first thing she said was, "Well, I finally got rid of Kelly. It wasn't easy." During the usual morning conversation,...
- Posted Apr 6th 2011 at 12:35 AM by AOL TV Editors
On 'Live With Regis and Kelly', Regis Philbin relived a private dinner party he attended with several well-known comedy giants. But, of course, he initially had a bit of trouble getting in. "Regis had quite a night last night," Philbin said, referring to himself in the third person. "Regis had dinner with ... Dave Letterman, Don Rickles, Steve Martin. I mean, it was a meeting of great comedic...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 10:31 AM by Rob Shuter
It's been a mere two months since TV legend Regis Philbin announced he was saying goodbye to 'Live With Regis And Kelly,' and already insiders tell me he's having second thoughts. "Regis quit without talking it through" with his co-host, a source with close ties to the show tells me. "He only told Kelly 10 minutes before the show went live, and now he's regretting it."...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 06:00 AM by Rob Shuter
Regis Philbin isn't ready to say who he thinks would be the best replacement for him when he leaves 'Live' at the end of the summer, but one of the names that keeps popping up in the executive suites over at ABC is none other than Lisa Rinna. "Lisa has proved she can do the job," one exec tells me. "She has co-hosted the show with Regis, filled in for Joy Behar on her show and was even better...
- Posted Jan 26th 2011 at 06:59 PM by Rebecca Macatee
When Regis Philbin announced his retirement from 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' last week, all kinds of rumors circulated that the veteran host was leaving over a pay cut. But when Regis sat down with Access Hollywood, the 79-year-old opened up about the bigger, emotional struggles he faced leaving the show after 28 years. Regis said, "I was told by everybody within the ABC structure to do...
- Posted Jan 24th 2011 at 12:30 PM by Rob Shuter
There's a new twist in the surprise departure of Regis Philbin from 'Live With Regis and Kelly,' and as you'd expect, it centers around money. Loads of money. Regis fired his longtime manager, Jim Griffin, right after telling viewers he was quitting, and sources say he made the move because he was insulted by a proposed pay cut. According to TMZ sources, Regis makes between $18 and $20...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 07:00 PM by Rob Shuter
Showbiz icon Regis Philbin's announcement Tuesday that he'll leave his daily talk show after 28 years may have caught viewers off guard, but people in the television biz have been telling me for a year now that Regis has been looking to hang it up. And with him retiring so soon (late summer), sources close to Kelly tell me that producers are open to making an unconventional choice with his...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 04:22 PM by Amber James
Not long after 'Live With Regis and Kelly' host Regis Philbin announced he was retiring from morning television, fans began to wonder who would replace the iconic host. Although his exact end date has not been specified, he plans to leave the program sometime in late summer. "I don't want to alarm anybody, but this will be my last year on the show," he said on Tuesday's episode. "There is a...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 10:00 AM by PopEater Staff
After 40 years in the business, 'Live With Regis and Kelly' host Regis Philbin is retiring from morning television. The 79-year-old host announced the news on Tuesday's episode of his hit show, stating that he will leave the program sometime in late summer, although his exact end date has not been specified. "I don't want to alarm anybody, but this will be my last year on the show," he said,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Spoiler! Meet The Voice's Talented Top 12
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized for Severe Allergic Reaction
- Paul Walker's Brothers Doing His Final Fast and the Furious Action Scenes
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- ?New Girl' recap: I'm Okay, You're Okay (JK, We're All Broken Up)
- ?The Originals' recap: Three men and a baby
- ?Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
- The Voice Unveils Their Top 12, Glee's Not-So Sexy Shenanigans and More OMG TV Moments!
- Kate Middleton Looks Perfect While Trying to Stay Dry, Prince George Continues to Be Royally Adorable
- FX's Fargo: What Did You Think of Billy Bob Thornton's Dark New Drama? Plus, Behind-the-Scenes Scoop!