Posts with tag "Ricky MArtin"
- Posted Mar 28th 2011 at 03:00 PM by Emily Hall
Becoming a father has changed Ricky Martin from a secretive and closeted gay man to an out and proud father bursting with love for his 2-year-old twins, Valentino and Matteo. Yet, he remains a very private man. "I have never seen Ricky so happy as when he is with his sons," a close friend of the singer told PopEater shortly before the crooner launched his 'Musica + Sexo' world tour in Puerto...
- Posted Mar 21st 2011 at 12:15 PM by John Mitchell
At Saturday night's 22nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards, Ricky Martin accepted the Vito Russo Award, which is presented by GLAAD to an openly gay member of the entertainment community for his or her contributions toward eliminating homophobia, and for the first time publicly thanked his partner, Carlos. After extending his gratitude to GLAAD for supporting him when he was "attacked by someone in the...
- Posted Mar 20th 2011 at 08:21 AM by Christine Fenno
Ricky Martin's interview with Oprah last year -- during which he talked about coming out of the closet to set an example for his twin sons about the importance of telling the truth -- helped earn him two big honors at the 22nd annual GLAAD Media Awards. The prizes were presented in 25 categories by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation on Saturday, during a ceremony in New York City...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 02:00 PM by Sarah Crow
Ricky Martin's 25-year career in the music industry has taught him more than his fair share of life lessons -- most importantly, the value of family. The singer, whose 2-year-old twin sons, Matteo and Valentino, were born via surrogate in 2008, is looking forward to the upcoming release of 'Music+Alma+Sexo,' his first album after his six-year break from recording. In an exclusive interview,...
- Posted Nov 1st 2010 at 09:50 PM by PopEater Staff
After having children, Ricky Martin decided he couldn't live a lie any longer and decided to tell the world his biggest secret--he is gay. And in an interview with Oprah Winfrey airing tomorrow on her show, he confessed it wasn't easy. "When I realized, okay, I just pressed send, whoo... I was alone," the international singer said to the talk show host (via PEOPLE.) "I was in my studio alone...
- Posted Aug 19th 2010 at 04:45 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Ricky Martin is getting even more personal and set to release his memoir 'Me' on Nov. 2. The 'Livin' La Vida Loca' singer will open up about everything from his experiences in Menudo to his sexuality and fatherhood. "From the moment I wrote the first phrase, I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that...
- Posted Jun 10th 2010 at 06:00 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Ricky Martin is heading to the stage -- this time for 'Evita' on Broadway. In the first new Broadway production of the Tony Award-winning musical since its 1979 New York debut, Martin will play the character Che. "I've been blessed with the opportunity to perform on many of the world's largest concert stages, but I've never lost my love for the intimacy of the theater," Martin said in a...
- Posted Jun 8th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Ben Widdicombe
Anna Paquin, who is engaged to her 'True Blood' co-star Stephen Moyer, has explained the thinking behind her surprise decision to come out as bisexual in a gay rights public service announcement this April. "I'm not someone who endlessly talks about her personal life for no reason, but obviously, as someone who identifies as bisexual, those are issues I really care about," she told Zap2it on...
- Posted May 20th 2010 at 07:15 AM by Ben Widdicombe
To paraphrase the evil queen from 'Snow White': "People, People, en Espanol: Who is the 'Mas Bellos' of them all?" But you won't need a magic mirror to find out, as People mag's Spanish-speaking sister has just published her annual most beautiful list. As a long-time shallow person, I have been a fan of the 'Mas Bellos' list for all its 14 years. And what has always struck me about the...
- Posted Apr 30th 2010 at 08:50 PM by Dino Sossi
Ricky Martin has been dominating the headlines since coming out of the closet last month, and his career resurgence continues. Thursday night, the 'She Bangs' singer was greeted with a standing ovation at the Billboard Latin Music Awards. In his first public appearance since publicly declaring his homosexuality on his Web site, his musical peers warmly welcomed the singer at the Billboard...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears Addresses Cheating Rumors During Las Vegas Show
- See How Stars Spent Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Family Wedding Album Appears in PEOPLE
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 11 Times Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Ruined Our Childhood
- Newly Single Britney Spears Ready for a "Hot Guy," Supports Jamie Lynn Spears at Los Angeles County Fair
- Morgan Stewart and Brendan Fitzpatrick Face Major Baby Drama—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Recap!