Posts with tag "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame"
- Posted Mar 15th 2011 at 10:00 AM by Sarah Crow
Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper and Tom Waits will forever be remembered in the hearts of fans for their undeniable contributions to music, and as of last night, generations to come can appreciate their talents as the latest inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The trio of music legends were inducted alongside Dr. John, girl-group star Darlene Love and singer-songwriter Leon Russell at N...
- Posted Dec 15th 2010 at 07:34 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will welcome Tom Waits, Neil Diamond, Darlene Love and the Alice Cooper Band as its 2011 batch of inductees. Diamond had been eligible for the honor for several years but never received a nomination to join music's prestigious club. But he was never really worried about it. "I thought about it occasionally, but I kind of figured they'd get around to me at som...
- Posted Oct 5th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Jason Newman
With last week's release of the annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees, so begins the perennial conversation on who should be in and who's been overlooked since their eligibility date (artists are eligible beginning 25 years after the release of their first single or album). The Nominating Committee, made up of 30 music executives, journalists and musicians, has long been a source of critic...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 02:00 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: It's that time of the year again. Music's highest honor, induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, is about to be handed out to the greatest artists to ever rock the planet. But upon first look, the nominees for the class of 2011 appear weak, to say the least. Every year can't be like 2006, when Black Sabbath, Blondie, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols were inducted, and you know it's a d...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson's New Album Piece By Piece Will Be Released in March
- Keira Knightley on Her Unique Name: 'My Mum's Crap at Spelling'
- Deborah Voigt Confronts the Little Black Dress She Couldn't Fit into
- Lawyers: Melissa Rivers files malpractice lawsuit in mother Joan's death
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Some New Yorkers Are Looking for Warmth From the Big Blizzard on Craigslist's Personal Ads
- Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell Is the Definition of Class After Miss Universe Loss: "It Went Exactly How It Should"
- Greece Elects a New Prime Minister and Syriza Leader Alexis Tsipras Thanks...Hugh Laurie, of Course!