Posts with tag "Rock of Ages"
- Posted Jul 3rd 2011 at 10:53 AM by Christine Fenno
Today is Tom Cruise's 49th birthday, and to celebrate, Katie Holmes threw him a surprise party on Saturday in Miami, where her husband is on location shooting 'Rock of Ages.' Isabella and Connor, Tom Cruise's teenage kids with ex Nicole Kidman, were seen joining Holmes as she carried 5-year-old Suri (casually attired in flip flops and a sundress) into Miami's swanky Soho House for the...
- Posted May 31st 2011 at 06:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
We've seen photos of a bikini-clad Julianne Hough from the set of the highly anticipated film, 'Rock of Ages'--and now we're getting a peek at Alec Baldwin in costume too. Director Adam Shankman Tweeted the photo of Baldwin and costar Russell Brand on Tuesday. The '30 Rock' star is decked out with long blond hair, bandana around his neck and a killer jean vest. Baldwin is just one of the big...
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 10:00 AM by John Mitchell
The much-hyped big-screen adaptation of the Broadway musical 'Rock of Ages' is all set to begin production in Miami on May 23 with a star-heavy cast that includes Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Malin Akerman, Bryan Cranston, Mary J. Blige and Julianne Hough. Or should we say, "was" all set to begin production? Yesterday, New Line shot down rumors that Alec...
- Posted Mar 5th 2011 at 11:03 AM by Christine Fenno
'Dancing With the Stars' champ Julianne Hough says she's beyond excited to appear in the new film version of the Broadway hit 'Rock of Ages.' One of her character's love interests has already been cast: Tom Cruise, who signed on last month to play '80s metal rocker Stacee Jaxx. Director Adam Shankman confirmed his casting of the 22-year-old 'Burlesque' star, tweeting, "Yes, it's true. Julianne...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 04:40 AM by Christo Varghese
Tom Cruise has been cast to play a heavy metal rocker in the big screen adaptation of the popular Broadway musical 'Rock of Ages.' The film's director, Adam Shankman, revealed the confirmed casting to Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet at the Oscars, reports UsMagazine.com. 'Rock of Ages' is set in 1987 on the Sunset Strip, where a small town girl meets a big city rocker in LA's most famous rock...
- Posted Oct 2nd 2010 at 11:26 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Luminaries who made headlines this week for taking a bow on Broadway include actors Ben Stiller and Edie Falco (prepping for a revival of a drama that Stiller starred in as a teen), rocker-songwriter Billie Joe Armstrong (performing a short run in the Greenday musical, 'American Idiot') and now....Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider. In the campy 'Rock of Ages,' Snider will join the Broadway...
- Posted Jun 30th 2010 at 07:24 AM by PopEater Staff
The show won't go on for actress-dancer Angel Reed, who has left the Broadway hit 'Rock of Ages' because she is pregnant, reportedly by the show's star, Constantine Maroulis. According to the New York Post, Reed is three months along following an on-again, off-again relationship with the former 'American Idol' finalist. "Angel just gave her notice last week, and told friends on the show that...
- Posted Aug 3rd 2009 at 01:14 PM by PopEater Staff
'American Idol' contestant Constantine Maroulis credits himself for paving the way for other rockers on the show. After he tirelessly fought to use certain rock songs during season four, the 'Idol' producers finally requested permission rights so upcoming rockers would have more singing options, he told PEOPLE....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ripple the Dog Steals the Spotlight During Canadian Weather Forecast
- Watch the Trailer for Season 2 of Botched
- Pittsburgh 'Wins' Gawker's 'Ugliest Accent' Contest
- Pro wrestlers come and gone
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ebola scare: What can NBC do to restore trust in medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman?
- 2,000+ sign petition to remove ?Breaking Bad' toys from Toys ?R' Us
- Marcel the Shell returns, sings, is generally wonderful in new video
- North West Looks Adorable in Her Custom Sneakers With Her Name—See the Pic!
- Taylor Swift Talks New Single ''Welcome to New York,'' Says It's ''Very Sexist'' to Claim She Only Writes About Exes
- Julia Roberts: I Want My Kids to "Speak Out" For What They Believe In