Posts with tag "RomanPolanski"
- Posted Dec 21st 2009 at 04:40 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
A California appeals court on Monday rejected Roman Polanski's bid to have his sex case dismissed, but cited grave concerns over possible judicial and prosecutorial misconduct. The California 2nd District Court of Appeal announced it had denied the petition, with justices saying they are "deeply concerned" about the alleged misconduct. "We encourage all participating parties to do their utmos...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 09:30 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Roman Polanski began his house arrest on $4.5 million bail Friday, rolling into the luxury resort of Gstaad in a police convoy to a warm welcome from his wife and children at his Alpine chalet. Polanski persuaded Swiss authorities to end his two months of incarceration in a Swiss jail pending their decision on whether to extradite him to the U.S. in a 32-year-old sex case. ...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2009 at 03:41 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Authorities acted to protect Roman Polanski from public attention Thursday by moving him from a Zurich area jail to an undisclosed location before his transfer to house arrest in the Swiss Alps. Polanski was taken from the jail in Winterthur for "security reasons and personal protection," Justice Ministry spokesman Folco Galli said....
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:32 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
A Swiss court just approved Roman Polanski's bail offer of $4.5 million to be released from prison and kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring. He will have to remain within the confines of his Swiss chalet (no, not the restaurant, fellow Canucks). The court said the offer was significant enough to offset concerns about the film director being a high flight risk while he fights an attem...
- Posted Nov 20th 2009 at 09:00 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The wife and two children of Roman Polanski are bearing the brunt of the director's imprisonment in Switzerland as he awaits a decision on his extradition, his lawyer said in an interview to be published Friday. Polanski has proposed "very significant" bail money, house arrest and other assurances to find freedom, Herve Temime told the daily Le Figaro. His 76-year-old client "will not accept ex...
- Posted Oct 27th 2009 at 09:15 AM by PopEater Staff
The woman who was raped by Roman Polanski when she was 13 years old has asked a Los Angeles court to dismiss the charges against the director, who is fighting extradition to the U.S. following his arrest in Zurich last month. Samantha Geimer says she has been barraged with media inquiries since Polanski's arrest, and that since she's publicly forgiven the 'Chinatown' director for his crime, she'd ...
- Posted Oct 23rd 2009 at 06:43 AM by PopEater Staff
A Swiss official says Roman Polanski can only be sentenced to two years in prison in the U.S. for having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl. Justice Ministry spokesman Folco Galli told Europe-1 radio that Polanski could only serve time in California for crimes included in a U.S. extradition request filed late Thursday. Galli didn't say specifically whether Polanski was being pursued for fleeing j...
- Posted Oct 19th 2009 at 06:57 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
One of Roman Polanski's lawyers says the jailed filmmaker is undergoing medical tests, though his current condition "is not of exceptional gravity." The Paris-based lawyer declined to say what kind of exams Polanski had undergone. A Swiss tabloid newspaper Blick printed pictures Saturday of a van it said had whisked the director from the prison to a Zurich hospital....
- Posted Oct 13th 2009 at 07:18 AM by PopEater Staff
Never one to mince words, Star Jones is coming out against those who are lending support to jailed director Roman Polanski, saying that if a black director admitted to having sex with a minor, he or she wouldn't have been allowed to camp out in France for 30+ years. "He's white, he's rich ... I didn't stutter. I think it's a class and a privilege thing," Jones said during a discussion on 'The Insi...
- Posted Oct 12th 2009 at 09:54 AM by PopEater Staff
Two weeks after being arrested in Switzerland to face extradition to the United States, Roman Polanksi is languishing behind bars. "I found him to be tired and depressed," his lawyer, Herve Temime, told a Sontag newspaper, Reuters reports. "Roman Polanski, who is 76, seemed very dejected when I visited him," Temime explained to another paper....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jill Dillard Celebrates 6-Month Anniversary with Wedding Pics
- Can You Guess Which Country Star Goes Hunting on Christmas?
- How to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain - and Still Eat, Drink and Be Merry
- Paz de la Huerta and Lionsgate at odds over on-set injury
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's estate is on sale for $18.5 Million
- China arrests thousands in porn purge
- Best of 2014: The year's most unforgettable moments, #26-#100
- Now that the ?Report' has ended, reacquaint yourself with the real Colbert
- Mike Myers brought back Dr. Evil on ?Saturday Night Live'
- Best of 2014: What Was the Most Overrated Thing of the Year? Vote for Booty, Selfies, Twerking, Soul Cycle & More!
- The Kardashians Aren't the Only Ones: Kate Middleton Also Gets Compared to an Into the Woods Character
- Incredible TV Resurrections: How Revenge, New Girl and Homeland Came Back From the Dead