Posts with tag "Ron Howard"
- Posted Oct 30th 2010 at 08:27 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Universal Pictures addressed the furor over its trailer for 'The Dilemma,' in which Vince Vaughn's character calls an electric car gay, by yanking the clip and editing the remark out of a newly released version. But tweaking the trailer is apparently as far as the studio -- and Ron Howard -- intends to go. The director has penned a lengthy statement to an L.A. Times blogger, philosophizing a...
- Posted Oct 10th 2010 at 02:22 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Earlier this week, in a televised discussion about the cultural signals that encourage cruelty and bullying among teens, CNN's Anderson Cooper took the upcoming Vince Vaughn comedy 'The Dilemma' to task for its trailer's offensive use of the word 'gay' in a prominent scene. After criticism of the studio escalated, Universal told GLAAD (the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) this week ...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2010 at 04:10 PM by Pat Gallagher
Ron Howard has no doubt made a name for himself as the A-List director of big-budget films including 'Apollo 13' and 'A Beautiful Mind.' Television fans also remember Ron Howard "the actor" for his role as aw-shucks teenager Richie Cunningham in 'Happy Days' in the 1970s, but no doubt his most lasting role will forever be Opie Taylor on 'The Andy Griffith Show,' which he played with earnest simp...
- Posted Mar 14th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Patricia Chui
The death of 38-year-old actor Corey Haim, after a history of drug abuse, was sad news to anyone who remembered him as that cute, gangly, cherub-faced kid from the '80s movies 'Lucas,' 'The Lost Boys' and 'License to Drive.' What's even more tragic is that Haim joins a long list of troubled former child and teen stars -- Brad Renfro, River Phoenix and Jonathan Brandis, to name a few -- who liv...
- Posted Mar 9th 2010 at 05:20 PM by Dino Sossi
While getting ten plastic surgery procedures in one day (!) may have made 'The Hills' star Heidi Montag feel fabulous, it's a spoof video she shot with none other than Academy Award-winning director Ron Howard that may stand the test of time better than a Botoxed forehead. Montag, Howard and Funny or Die collaborated to create the laugher on a seriously unfunny topic: urging Congress to enact fina...
Popeater Hot Topics
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Watch Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina's Hot Moment! (VIDEO)
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Jon Hamm Reveals Ingredients for a 'Don Draper' Cocktail
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Kate Upton Tells Boyfriend 'You're Welcome' for Her Sexiness
- The Colbert Report Ends With A Fight With Death, A Huge Celeb Sing-Along & Abraham Lincoln the Unicorn
- George Clooney on Sony Pulling The Interview: Kim Jong Un, ''of all F--king People,'' Is Telling Us What We Can Watch
- Who's Pressuring Tiffani Thiessen to Get Pregnant Again?! White Collar Star Talks Planning for Baby No. 2