Posts with tag "Rue McClanahan"
- Posted Jun 6th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Ben Widdicombe
Anyone who has grown up since the invention of television understands the strangely blurred line between sitcom families and real families. Networks encourage us to accept these casts into our home as visiting neighbors, and generally we're happy to oblige. The recent deaths of Rue McClanahan and Gary Coleman have thinned the ranks of these familiar guests. PopEater takes a look at the last rem...
- Posted Jun 3rd 2010 at 04:59 PM by Mark Wigmore
Rue McClanahan passed away from a stroke early Thursday morning, surrounded by family in her final moments. Her battles with breast cancer, knee surgery and a triple bypass slowed the actress down over the last decade, but she continued to work, with a part on the LOGO/OUT TV series 'Sordid Lives,' an autobiography and hopes for a one-woman show on Broadway. I am a co-host on radio and televisi...
- Posted Jun 3rd 2010 at 01:16 PM by PopEater Staff
In less than two years, Betty White has seen the passing of her 'Golden Girls' castmates Estelle Getty, Bea Arthur and Rue McClanahan. Now, the comedy icon has given her first reaction to McClanahan's death today from a stroke. "Rue was a close and dear friend," she tells 'The Insider.' "I treasure our relationship. It hurts more than I ever thought it would, if that's even possible." From 1...
- Posted Jun 3rd 2010 at 11:25 AM by PopEater Staff
Rue McClanahan, one of the last surviving stars of the seminal sitcom 'The Golden Girls,' has died after suffering a massive stroke, her manager has confirmed to PEOPLE. She was 76 years old at the time of her death. "She passed away at 1 AM this morning. She had a massive stroke," Barbara Lawrence told the magazine, adding that the actress "had her family with her. She went in peace." The co...
- Posted May 11th 2010 at 06:30 PM by John Mitchell
During her smashing 'Saturday Night Live' monologue, living legend Betty White gave credit where credit was due, thanking (with the odd back-handed joke) the massive Facebook campaign that helped successfully land her on stage at Studio 8H at 30 Rockefeller Center. "Now, I'm here tonight because you wanted me to be," White said sincerely. "I just want to say I feel so loved. Thank you." The ...
- Posted Apr 22nd 2010 at 09:14 AM by Marc Schneider
A new PETA ad aimed at shaming McDonald's into changing their chicken-slaughtering practices stars a familiar glare -- one belonging to Bea Arthur. A 'Golden Girls'-era photo of the actress appears in the ad next to the jarring headline: "McCruelty. It's enough to make Bea Arthur roll over in her grave." Arthur died last April of cancer shortly before her 87th birthday. Arthur was a long-time s...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 01:38 PM by PopEater Staff
'Golden Girls' star Rue McClanahan revealed today she's in the hospital getting "maintenance on the old ticker," and will miss an appearance at a gala event in her honor. According to SFGate.com, McClanahan was hospitalized this week for heart bypass surgery. PinkPaper.com is reporting she's suffering from acute cardiac illness. "My darlings, I'm just devastated that I am going to have to miss ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West Had a Lot of Feelings on the VMAs Stage; Twitter Went Berserk
- Demi Lovato Takes PEOPLE Behind the Scenes at the Video Music Awards
- Taylor Swift Wins MTV Video of the Year Award for 'Bad Blood' After Nomination Controversy
- Horror master Wes Craven dead at 76
- Kanye West rants at VMAs: I have decided to 'run for president'
- Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus at VMAs
- Justin Bieber Is Shirtless and Looking Mighty Fine in "What Do You Mean?" Music Video—Watch Now!
- Bachelor in Paradise is Exhausting Us: Who's the Worst of the Worst This Week?
- Wes Craven Dead at 76: Director Helped Create Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street and Other Horror Films