Posts with tag "SXSW"
- Posted Mar 21st 2011 at 01:30 AM by Spinner Editors
SXSW's longstanding nickname "Indie Rock Spring Break" certainly wasn't accurate during the final day of the Austin music festival as hip-hop took over the Texas town, culminating in Kanye West's not-so-secret show in the city's former power plant. After a day marked by stellar sets from Big Boi at the MOG showcase at the Mohawk; Killer Mike, Lil B and a surprise mini-set from Diddy and Odd Fut...
- Posted Mar 20th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
Four people ended up in the hospital Friday, following an incident that occurred as Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark (OMD) was about to begin playing during the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. An overhead camera boom weighing approximately 350 pounds, suspended roughly 10 feet off the ground, fell onto audience members at the SXSW venue Stubb's, just moments before the Brit...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 09:10 AM by Rob Shuter
Mel Gibson was noticeably absent from the South by Southwest Film Festival last night when 'The Beaver,' his long-delayed dark comedy directed by friend Jodie Foster, premiered to an excited audience. While Jodie was singing his praises on the red carpet, Mel took the evening off to get booked in his criminal battery case, but I'm told that even if he wasn't doing some housekeeping, the film's t...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Did Bristol Palin Skip Her Family's Get-Together on Canceled Wedding Date?
- Reunited Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Get Groceries Together - See the Sweet Photo
- Kim Richards Travels to Mexico to Watch Her Daughter Brooke Get Married
- B.B. King memorial more cheers than tears in Las Vegas
- Chris Pratt : 'I am just dumb'
- Robert De Niro curses in commencement speech
- Happy Anniversary, Kim Kardashian & Kanye West: The 12 Best Moments From Kimye's First Year of Marriage
- Blake Lively Just Called Ryan Reynolds a "Hypocrite" and He May Have Totally Deserved It After This Daring Stunt
- Kim Richards Attends Daughter Brooke's "Dream" Wedding in Mexico With Kyle Richards and Paris Hilton