Posts with tag "SaturdayNightLive"
- Posted May 11th 2010 at 06:30 PM by John Mitchell
During her smashing 'Saturday Night Live' monologue, living legend Betty White gave credit where credit was due, thanking (with the odd back-handed joke) the massive Facebook campaign that helped successfully land her on stage at Studio 8H at 30 Rockefeller Center. "Now, I'm here tonight because you wanted me to be," White said sincerely. "I just want to say I feel so loved. Thank you." The...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 11:33 AM by PopEater Staff
Fred Armisen, Darrell Hammond, Bill Hader and Jason Sudekis suited up as Larry King, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and David Letterman for the opening sketch of 'Saturday Night Live.' "Jay, about 5 years ago, NBC came to you and said 'Jay, you're doing great. Your show's number one. We love you, leave, because we want to replace you with Conan O'Brien,'" Armisen's King said. "So you moved to 10PM and...
- Posted Jan 10th 2010 at 09:21 AM by Scott Harris
It's a busy time in the world of sports, as some of the biggest events of the year are about to hit your television. The NFL playoffs. The Winter Olympics. The NHL All-Star Game. But most important of all ... Charles Barkley hosting 'Saturday Night Live.' Yes, the Round Mound of Rebound brought his unique joie de vivre to the venerable sketch comedy show Saturday. It's not the first time Sir...
- Posted Dec 14th 2009 at 06:24 AM by PopEater Staff
It took him a few months, but Taylor Lautner has finally gotten around to defending his maybe-girlfriend Taylor Swift from Kanye West and his interrupting ways. During his 'Saturday Night Live' monologue, the 'New Moon' star got a chance to re-live that fateful night when he stood idly by as the rapper ruined Swift's acceptance speech. "I was actually at the VMA's the night [Swift] won the...
- Posted Dec 12th 2009 at 08:00 AM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Commentary: This isn't an article about how there aren't enough women in the cast of 'Saturday Night Live.' It's not a diatribe on the state of the current season. And we're not going to talk any more about last week's "Tiger" sketches. What we're wondering is: what's up with SNL's lady problem?...
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 10:39 AM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "John Daly Weight Loss" "Bryant Gumbel Cancer," "Tiger Woods Ambulence," and "John Lennon" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today......
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 07:50 AM by PopEater Staff
The latest episode of 'Saturday Night Live' featured a sketch that made light of the alleged violence between Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren. (Many reports suggest Nordegren beat her husband with a golf club before his accident the day after Thanksgiving, although both parties deny the allegations.) To add to the situation, Rihanna, a domestic abuse victim herself, was the musical...
- Posted Dec 6th 2009 at 10:17 AM by PopEater Staff
Rihanna was the guest musician on the latest episode of 'Saturday Night Live,' and while her hilarious appearance in a digital short with Andy Samberg was a highlight of our week, it was another sketch that gave us pause. Host Blake Lively played Elin Nordegren Woods in a segment lampooning the model's marriage to scandalized golfer Tiger Woods. The skit focused on allegations that Elin beat her...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 04:27 PM by PopEater Staff
Former 'Saturday Night Live' star Maya Rudolph and her director husband Paul Thomas Anderson welcomed their second child last month. Rudolph's rep told PEOPLE that Lucille was born Nov. 6 in Los Angeles. She is her second child with the 'There Will Be Blood' director. Their daughter, Pearl, is 4. The famously private actress, 37, reluctantly spilled the beans about the pregnancy back in May,...
- Posted Nov 16th 2009 at 11:56 AM by Kara Warner
Like him or not, Guy Fieri is kind of a big deal. His career jump-started by winning the inaugural 'The Next Food Network Star,' Fieri's energetic-yet-relatable style has made him one of the network's most popular -- and bankable. In addition to his three TV shows ('Diners Drive-ins and Dives' is the channel's current #1), this month Fieri embarks on a 21-city tour, dubbed "The Guy Fieri Roadshow"...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alleged Meth Users Steal $100,000 Worth of Cattle from Amazing Race Star
- Cook Like Drew and Reese! The Country's Best Cooking School Vacations
- Barack Obama Attempts to Shop For Michelle and the Girls at the Gap
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself
- Matthew McConaughey's ?Wolf of Wall Street' chest thump gets a remix ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lopez says she would let both Ben Affleck and Diddy (hypothetically) drown ? VIDEO
- The Originals Shocker: Star Claire Holt Exiting the Series—Find Out What Happened to Rebekah!
- Real Housewives of New York's Shocking Confession, Glee's Tear-Jerking Nationals Performance and More OMG TV Moments
- Juan Pablo Galavis Releases Video Montage of His Best Moments With Nikki Ferrell from The Bachelor and Beyond—Watch Now!