Posts with tag "Scientology"
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 01:15 PM by Jo Piazza
Hollywood has imported more than film and celebrity to the Cannes Film Festival in the south of France. It's also brought along its pet religion, Scientology. Yes, a Scientology recruiting outpost has been set up just off the festival's main drag, a couple blocks from the Palais des Festivals, since the start of the film orgy last week. This center has a crew that speaks five languages,...
- Posted Apr 16th 2011 at 10:28 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
What would it take for Joaquin Phoenix to come out of retirement? Despite speculation earlier this year that Phoenix would resume his once-hot acting career with a film adaptation of 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' (the 2010 novel by Seth Grahame-Smith), the actor is now being linked to a much more controversial project. And if there's one thing Phoenix seems to relish, it's controversy! ...
- Posted Feb 8th 2011 at 05:45 PM by John Mitchell
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Hottest Stories -
- Tom Cruise -
- Huffington Post - Entertainment
The Church of Scientology is reportedly under federal investigation for human trafficking and using unpaid labor, in part due to work allegedly performed on behalf of Tom Cruise, according to the New Yorker (via Huffington Post). The charges surfaced in a profile of Oscar-winning writer-director Paul Haggis ('Crash'), who left Scientology in 2009 after 34 years following a disagreement with...
- Posted Nov 15th 2010 at 09:26 PM by Rob Shuter
While John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston await the arrival of their new son Benjamin, one thing is already a known fact -- when the little boy does arrive, Scientology will play a major role. John flew back to the USA from Australia on Sunday to make preparations for their new arrival, which will include a controversial "silent" Scientology birth. "The couple will follow the church's...
- Posted May 21st 2010 at 09:18 AM by PopEater Staff
As John Travolta and Kelly Preston continue to relish the good news of the announcement that they are expecting a child together, new reports claim that Travolta's faith in Scientology may have caused them to want another child due to the passing of their teenage son Jett last year. And while one former Scientologist is making these claims, other current and past Church members are coming out...
- Posted May 13th 2010 at 07:44 AM by Mike Hess
Most people know very little about Scientology aside from the fact that Tom Cruise, John Travolta and other celebrities are a part of it, and that it's had its fair share of controversy over the years. A new book is looking to pull back the curtain on the mysterious religion founded by L. Ron Hubbard, and the author certainly knows her stuff. Amy Scobee is a former Scientologist who was in the...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 03:40 PM by Sam Brand
Scientology. Kirstie Alley. Weight loss. A triumvirate of more exciting phrases is rarely uttered. Tuesday night, the former 'Cheers' star sat down with David Letterman to speak out on her famous struggle on the scales and to promote her upcoming reality show 'Kirstie Alley's Big Life.' "I think other people are stuggling with my weight more than I am," she told the host. But it was what the...
- Posted Jan 29th 2010 at 06:53 AM by PopEater Staff
Following the death of his 16-year-old son Jett last year, John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston turned to the Church of Scientology for guidance during those tough times, the actor said. While promoting his new film 'From Paris With Love,' Travolta said that he and Preston "work hard every day with our church on healing." ...
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 08:50 AM by Sam Brand
The outspoken all-American has never been shy about his conservative leanings. On Feb. 7, Tim Tebow will make his most public political proclamation yet in a 30-second spot that may be the most controversial in the Super Bowl's history. In other news, Corinne Bailey Rae's new album The Sea is dedicated to her recently deceased husband Jason. And John Travolta is delivering aid to Haiti in the form...
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 06:42 AM by PopEater Staff
John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston are lending a hand to the earthquake victims in Haiti, as the actor flew his own jet into the ravaged country equipped with relief supplies, doctors and a handful of Scientology ministers aimed at helping. According to the Associated Press, Travolta and wife Kelly Preston flew from 4 tons of military food rations and medical supplies from Florida to Haiti and...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg Say 'I Do' and More Weekend News
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg Are Married
- Joan Rivers's Family: 'We Are Keeping Our Fingers Crossed'
- Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- Box office: ?Guardians of the Galaxy' rules lackluster Labor Day
- Brrr, It's Cold in Storybrooke! Check Out Frozen's Elsa On Once Upon A Time in New Teaser
- Lauren Conrad's Bridal Shower Is Even More Beautiful Than You Thought it Would Be—Take a Look!
- Dorothy Wang Slowly Recovers From Her Breakup and Brendan Fitzpatrick Decides to Get Hair Plugs—See the #RichKids Recap!