Posts with tag "Shannon Tavarez"
- Posted Jan 14th 2011 at 11:50 AM by PopEater Staff
A perfect bone marrow match was never found for young stage actress Shannon Tavarez, who died of leukemia in November, but her family and supporters have vowed to work tirelessly to save others. A bone marrow donor registry drive has been organized in memory of the 11-year-old 'Lion King' star. Those wishing to donate can head to DKMS, a bone marrow transplant center, located in Harlem, N.Y.,...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 08:47 AM by PopEater Staff
Shannon Tavarez, a young soprano who starred in 'The Lion King' on Broadway, has died at age 11 after a battle with acute myeloid leukemia, Broadway World is reporting. The actress played Young Nala from September 2009 until April, when she began feeling pain in her lower back and legs. Soon, the emerging star was diagnosed and the search for a donor began. Her story drew the attention of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Family Believes Kristi and Benjamin Strack Killed Children, Committed Suicide
- NBC Axes Two New Comedies, Bad Judge and A to Z
- Daniel Radcliffe's Girlfriend 'Loves' His Horns
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!