Posts with tag "Shannon Tavarez"
- Posted Jan 14th 2011 at 11:50 AM by PopEater Staff
A perfect bone marrow match was never found for young stage actress Shannon Tavarez, who died of leukemia in November, but her family and supporters have vowed to work tirelessly to save others. A bone marrow donor registry drive has been organized in memory of the 11-year-old 'Lion King' star. Those wishing to donate can head to DKMS, a bone marrow transplant center, located in Harlem, N.Y., o...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 08:47 AM by PopEater Staff
Shannon Tavarez, a young soprano who starred in 'The Lion King' on Broadway, has died at age 11 after a battle with acute myeloid leukemia, Broadway World is reporting. The actress played Young Nala from September 2009 until April, when she began feeling pain in her lower back and legs. Soon, the emerging star was diagnosed and the search for a donor began. Her story drew the attention of numer...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harrison Ford 'Very, Very Happy' to Be Back in the Air for the First Time Since Plane Crash
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch on the Market for $100 Million (Photos)
- Pregnant Mom Kicked Off Flight Because Her Toddler Cried: 'I Don't Like to Make a Fuss'
- Courtney Stodden responds to momager quitting: She just wants to be famous
- Lori Loughlin joins 'Fuller House,' reacts to Olsen twins snub
- 'The Bachelor's' Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff have broken up