Posts with tag "Shannon Tavarez"
- Posted Jan 14th 2011 at 11:50 AM by PopEater Staff
A perfect bone marrow match was never found for young stage actress Shannon Tavarez, who died of leukemia in November, but her family and supporters have vowed to work tirelessly to save others. A bone marrow donor registry drive has been organized in memory of the 11-year-old 'Lion King' star. Those wishing to donate can head to DKMS, a bone marrow transplant center, located in Harlem, N.Y., o...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 08:47 AM by PopEater Staff
Shannon Tavarez, a young soprano who starred in 'The Lion King' on Broadway, has died at age 11 after a battle with acute myeloid leukemia, Broadway World is reporting. The actress played Young Nala from September 2009 until April, when she began feeling pain in her lower back and legs. Soon, the emerging star was diagnosed and the search for a donor began. Her story drew the attention of numer...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Former Model's Anti-Bullying Video Shows Online Cruelty
- Two Bill Cosby Accusers Speak Out After Quaaludes Reveal in Unsealed Court Documents: 'It's a Game Changer and It's About Time'
- The FBI Just Raided Subway Jared's House in Indiana
- Ciara and Russell Wilson practicing abstinence
- Bobby Flay reportedly spotted mingling with younger women amid divorce
- Bill Cosby defender Jill Scott says she was wrong; Judd Apatow calls on Phylicia Rashad to speak up
- Vicki Gunvalson on Her Mother's Death: I Don't Regret Having Real Housewives Cameras Rolling
- Brody Jenner Comments on Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick's Breakup—Find Out How He Reacted on Today!
- Jennifer Aniston Launches New Fragrance, Dishes on Her Before-Bedtime Beauty Routine & More: Exclusive First Look!