Posts with tag "Shannon Tavarez"
- Posted Jan 14th 2011 at 11:50 AM by PopEater Staff
A perfect bone marrow match was never found for young stage actress Shannon Tavarez, who died of leukemia in November, but her family and supporters have vowed to work tirelessly to save others. A bone marrow donor registry drive has been organized in memory of the 11-year-old 'Lion King' star. Those wishing to donate can head to DKMS, a bone marrow transplant center, located in Harlem, N.Y.,...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 08:47 AM by PopEater Staff
Shannon Tavarez, a young soprano who starred in 'The Lion King' on Broadway, has died at age 11 after a battle with acute myeloid leukemia, Broadway World is reporting. The actress played Young Nala from September 2009 until April, when she began feeling pain in her lower back and legs. Soon, the emerging star was diagnosed and the search for a donor began. Her story drew the attention of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Seth Meyers to Host the 66th Annual Emmy Awards
- American Idol Top 5 Revealed!
- Justin Bieber Leaves Los Angeles Airport After Being Detained by Customs
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'