Posts with tag "Shannon Tavarez"
- Posted Jan 14th 2011 at 11:50 AM by PopEater Staff
A perfect bone marrow match was never found for young stage actress Shannon Tavarez, who died of leukemia in November, but her family and supporters have vowed to work tirelessly to save others. A bone marrow donor registry drive has been organized in memory of the 11-year-old 'Lion King' star. Those wishing to donate can head to DKMS, a bone marrow transplant center, located in Harlem, N.Y., o...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 08:47 AM by PopEater Staff
Shannon Tavarez, a young soprano who starred in 'The Lion King' on Broadway, has died at age 11 after a battle with acute myeloid leukemia, Broadway World is reporting. The actress played Young Nala from September 2009 until April, when she began feeling pain in her lower back and legs. Soon, the emerging star was diagnosed and the search for a donor began. Her story drew the attention of numer...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pope Francis Celebrates His 78th Birthday with Cake and Tango
- Alexis Shapiro, Girl with Condition Causing Insatiable Hunger, Loses Nearly 60 Lbs.
- Serial Has Ended, and the Internet Is Not Happy
- Paramount won't let theaters screen 'Team America: World Police"
- 'The Interview' was originally scripted with fake country, fake leader's name
- Ex-'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden indicted on rape charges
- ?Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- ?Cabaret' to go on tour beginning January 2016
- ?Arrow', ?Walking Dead', and more earn TV mid-season finale awards