Posts with tag "Star Wars"
- Posted Jun 1st 2011 at 09:14 AM by AOL TV Editors
A live-action 'Star War's TV show? Yes, it's been talked about before, but George Lucas has been mum on details ... until now. According to the New York Post, Lucas has 50 hours of a 'Star Wars' TV series planned. That's at least two seasons. What's the hold up? Technology. Lucas reportedly told G4 that he's waiting for "a different type of technology we can use so it's economically feasible...
- Posted Nov 13th 2010 at 12:48 PM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Harrison Ford, who's making the rounds promoting 'Morning Glory,' doesn't do much to combat the "curmudgeon" label he wears around his neck, although he does have a certain fondness for poking a little fun at 'Star Wars' creator George Lucas, so it's pretty tough to complain. The latest dollop of Ford crankiness comes from a new ABC interview in which the actor, 68, bemoans the lack of a Han So...
- Posted Oct 11th 2010 at 05:03 PM by PopEater Staff
While Princess Leia was blowing away stormtroopers with blasters on Planet Hoth on the set of 'Empire Strikes Back,' she was also snorting a little cocaine behind the scenes, it turns out. "I didn't even like coke that much, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to get high," actress Carrie Fisher told AAP Sydney. The 53-year-old Fisher opened up in an interview with the A...
- Posted Aug 16th 2010 at 07:00 PM by Bob David Calhoun
Pop-Ed: This weekend, Sylvester Stallone and his aged Hollywood beefcake ensemble propelled 'The Expendables' to the top spot at the box office with a winning combination of star power and firepower. Meanwhile, in Orlando, Fla. at the 'Star Wars' Celebration V, George Lucas announced that all six 'Star Wars' movies will finally be released on Blu-ray in 2011. As I read the stories, I had a majo...
- Posted Jun 14th 2010 at 12:19 PM by Nicki Gostin
Carrie Fisher knows that when she dies a photo of Princess Leia will pop up during the Academy Awards tribute reel -- and she's accepted it. The born-famous actress (dad Eddie Fisher left mom Debbie Reynolds for Elizabeth Taylor) has a permanent place in pop culture history thanks to 'Star Wars,' but her personal life has made its share of news. She's currently enjoying massive success with her ...
- Posted Aug 31st 2009 at 09:35 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
Canadian sci-fi, horror, comic, and gaming fans of all stripes donned their geekwear again this weekend for the annual Fan Expo convention. Held every year, it's the closest thing us Canucks can get to the US' Comic Con. (In many cases, visiting celebs voiced their preference for Canada, though. So there.) There was no dearth of costumes this year, and I counted at least 20 Storm Troopers. Honest...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Finding Carter Stars Reveal Their #ManCrushMonday
- Robin Williams's Widow and Children Agree to Mediation in Fight Over His Estate
- Senior Citizens Go Bare in Calendar to Help Local Kids in Need
- Shawn Mendes: Taylor Swift 'the best person in the world'
- ?Killing Jesus' breaks rating record with 3.7 million viewers for NatGeo
- Hilary Duff explains bikini pic: I felt good
- Ryan Reynolds Is Still Devastated About Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: "I Refuse to Believe This"
- Kelly Clarkson's Daughter Won't Let Mama Take a Nap, but She Still Looks Cuter Than Ever—See the Pic!
- Ugly Shoe Hall of Fame: The Evolution of the Most Iconic Pairs—Birkenstock, Teva and More!