Posts with tag "Stephen Colbert"
- Posted May 15th 2011 at 10:33 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
This weekend's episode of 'Saturday Night Live' saw the return of that animated favorite, Robert Smigel's 'Ambiguously Gay Duo.' But for the first time, Ace and Gary morph from (always rather unambiguous) cartoon superstuds to real live-action heroes! Jon Hamm and Jimmy Fallon suit up as the crimefighters, looking both ludicrous and hot. But mostly ludicrous -- for instance, who knew male...
- Posted Apr 21st 2011 at 01:15 PM by Jo Piazza
He must really be upset about having to sing Rebecca Black's 'Friday' on the Jimmy Fallon show. Stephen Colbert is planning to set sail for the Bermuda Triangle next month, which might be the only place on the planet one can escape the musical stylings of Black. The Comedy Central talk show host has partnered with Audi in the biennial Charleston Bermuda Race. Colbert will be the boat's "Morale...
- Posted Apr 6th 2011 at 02:50 PM by AOL TV Editors
During James Franco's appearance on 'The Colbert Report' he managed to get into an intense argument with Stephen Colbert over who had been the bigger fan of 'Lord of the Rings' author J.R.R. Tolkien growing up. "I hear that you were a big Tolkien fan," Franco told Colbert. "I was the biggest Tolkien fan." But Colbert rose Franco's challenge with gusto....
- Posted Apr 2nd 2011 at 12:29 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Stephen Colbert lost a bet this week, but we're all winners, because after Jimmy Fallon proved he could raise more than $25,000 for charity, Colbert had to sing Rebecca Black's ubiquitous 'Friday' on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.' The performance resulted in an undeniably fun ("fun, fun, fun") musical extravaganza, complete with cheerleaders and a cameo by an 'American Idol' winner. Colbert,...
- Posted Nov 16th 2010 at 09:18 AM by Zach Dionne
That time of year is upon us -- GQ's Men of the Year time. Leading the esteemed pack of gentlemen are: ► Jeff Bridges, 60, who won his first Oscar this year and went on to sit for the best photograph of his career (pictured at right). ► Stephen Colbert, 46, the still-hilarious Comedy Central host who led the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear along with Jon Stewart in October. ►...
- Posted Oct 30th 2010 at 09:15 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's 'Rally to Restore Sanity' sent a bold statement to the country, but the crowds at the National Mall in Washington D.C. were more insane than any tear-filled Glenn Beck rant. It's hard to tell how many people showed up, but it was enough to fill the entire field and the adjacent streets -- we're talking hundreds of thousands of people from...
- Posted Oct 30th 2010 at 02:32 PM by Christine Fenno
'Daily Show' host Jon Stewart was joined by Stephen Colbert in welcoming thousands to the National Mall for today's highly anticipated 'Rally to Restore Sanity.' The event, also billed as the 'Million Moderate March' and the 'Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear,' after Colbert chose to combine his 'March to Keep Fear Alive' with Stewart's 'Sanity' event (a logical, rational decision that was...
- Posted Oct 28th 2010 at 12:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Precious little information has been leaked about Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" in Washington, D.C. this Saturday -- until now. While Comedy Central continues to stay mum about the festivities, the Christian Science Monitor had the great fortune of acquiring the schedule portion of the National Park Service permit that was issued on Wednesday. If you're...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 06:41 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are taking on causes more serious than a mock feud when they lead dueling political rallies on the National Mall later this month. Stewart, host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show," announced Monday on NPR that he will ask attendees at his Oct. 30 "Rally to Restore Sanity" to help restore the National Mall. The park and its memorials have a $400 million backlog...
- Posted Sep 24th 2010 at 04:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Stephen Colbert took his material to Washington to testify before Congress on Friday over immigration, using real jokes for a real problem facing America today. The Comedy Central political satirist didn't break character during his opening testimony, in which he testified for the United Farm Workers (UFW) before the House Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee in an effort to provide immigrants a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Want to Appear in PEOPLE's Most Beautiful Issue?
- The Bachelor: Who Was Most Surprised by Juan Pablo's Refusal to Propose? Jeweler Neil Lane!
- Sophia Bush Wears Skintight See-Thru Corset in Sexy Magazine Spread
- Comeback kid: Lyn Christopher owes album reissue to rappers sampling her song sans permission
- Robin Thicke gives advice on love following split from Paula Patton
- Justin Bieber dedicates song to 'baby girl' Selena Gomez at surprise SXSW performance
- Jon Hamm photobombs tourists on ?Tonight Show' ? VIDEO
- President Obama visits ?Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis' ? VIDEO
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- Degrassi Sneak Peek: Watch the Shocking Fallout From Zoë's Assault in the Episode Deemed Too "Sensitive"
- Jennifer Lopez Talks Love, Happiness & Aging in Hollywood in April Issue of InStyle
- Chelsea Handler Talks Big Boobs With Minnie Driver: "They're a Pain in the Ass"—Watch Now!