Posts with tag "Steve Carell"
- Posted May 15th 2011 at 10:33 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
This weekend's episode of 'Saturday Night Live' saw the return of that animated favorite, Robert Smigel's 'Ambiguously Gay Duo.' But for the first time, Ace and Gary morph from (always rather unambiguous) cartoon superstuds to real live-action heroes! Jon Hamm and Jimmy Fallon suit up as the crimefighters, looking both ludicrous and hot. But mostly ludicrous -- for instance, who knew male ni...
- Posted Apr 24th 2011 at 12:19 PM by Christine Fenno
NBC's hourlong season finale of 'The Office' is looming (May 19) and Michael Scott's job is still up for grabs. Now, EW.com reports that Jim Carrey will join the roster of guest stars playing various candidates who want to follow in Steve Carell's footsteps. In the season finale episode, Carrey will reportedly interview for the Dunder Mifflin gig, even though the series seems to be grooming Wil...
- Posted Mar 29th 2011 at 06:12 AM by Kelly Fisher
As Steve Carell begins his swan song as head of Scranton's most unusual workplace on 'The Office,' it looks likes Will Ferrell may step in to take over -- permanently. According to UsMagazine.com, the funnyman hinted he might stay at the Scranton branch longer than his scheduled four-episode arc, which begins with the April 14 episode. He admitted it's "looking good" for him to join the series ...
- Posted Mar 14th 2011 at 07:00 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
John Krasinski is the featured interview in the upcoming issue of Parade, where the shaggy-haired actor reveals how he really feels about Steve Carell's impeding departure from their beloved TV show, 'The Office.' "[It's been] completely bittersweet," Krasinski told the magazine. "It's an insanely special relationship we have with each other on the show, and Steve's leaving is the first time we...
- Posted Mar 4th 2011 at 07:05 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
It's the end of a comedy era. Steve Carell, aka Michael Scott, is filming his last scenes for 'The Office' today--and many around the country are mourning his soon-to-be-aired departure from the hit TV series. Earlier today, Rainn Wilson, who plays the delightfully quirky Dwight Schrute, Tweeted that it was Carell's final day on set: "Steve Carell's last day on 'The Office.' And the angels of c...
- Posted Jan 31st 2011 at 10:05 AM by Kelly Fisher
Steve Carell's departure from NBC's 'The Office' has Hollywood wondering how he'll leave Dunder Mifflin -- and who will replace him. His co-star Jenna Fischer dished to Us Weekly about TV's buzziest cast switch-up. "I can tell you that it's not as simple as Steve leaving and a new person coming in," Fischer said about the fictional Michael Scott's replacement, while on the red carpet at the Scr...
- Posted Jan 16th 2011 at 08:43 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Steve Carell, a nominee at tonight's Golden Globe Awards (Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Comedy or Musical), has had a long career at 'The Office.' He even won the Globe in 2006 for his work on the series. Still, last year's announcement that he'd be leaving the cast at the end of this season was a jolt. Would paper sales in Scranton -- and Thursday nights on NBC, for that matter...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 10:38 AM by Maggie Coughlan
What do you get when Steve Carell, Lewis Black, Ricky Gervais, Tracy Morgan and all of their funniest friends get together for a good cause? Comedy Central's 'Night of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Concert for Autism Education.' Hosted by Jon Stewart, 'Night of Too Many Stars' benefits a variety of autism education and family service programs across the country. 'Night of Too Many Stars' premie...
- Posted Aug 13th 2010 at 02:00 PM by AOL TV Editors
- Filed under:
- TV News
Ricky Gervais announced yesterday that he's bringing 'The Office' to China, proving that day-to-day workplace minutiae and incompetent bosses aren't unique to the Western world. The New York Post reports that the British comedian is expanding his beloved series -- which began as a 14-episode BBC show and spawned a mega-successful American version now in it seventh season, as well as French, Ger...
- Posted Jul 29th 2010 at 10:38 AM by PopEater Staff
Just when you thought all today's comic actors were buddies in one big club o' laughs, Steve Carell and Zach Galifianakis show up to prove you wrong. In the newest installment of Galifianakis' hilariously staged 'Between Two Ferns' web series, the stars of 'The Office' and 'The Hangover' (and costars of 'Dinner for Schmucks') deviate from the usual awkward interview route to ... even more awkward...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton Share a Sweet Kiss While Supporting Little Big Town
- FROM EW: Sacha Baron Cohen Will Not Play Freddie Mercury in Biopic
- Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood Introduce Son Isaiah
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Carrie Underwood Shares New Photo of Baby Son Isaiah—See His Adorable Face for the First Time!
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion! Will Smith Meets Tatyana Ali at Black Girls Rock!—See the Pic!
- The Future King of England Gets Into Scary Car Accident—See The Royals Clip!