Posts with tag "Stevie Wonder"
- Posted May 28th 2011 at 10:36 AM by Christine Fenno
Thousands of college graduates at 2011 commencement ceremonies this spring have enjoyed inspiring oratories by the likes of Denzel Washington, former president Bill Clinton, Stevie Wonder and both President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. In a compilation video, CBS News has mashed up the best of the heartfelt pep talks that celebrities have given to the cap-and-gown crowd. (One...
- Posted May 21st 2011 at 02:41 PM by Christine Fenno
Beyonce, prepare to be bowled over. A highlight at this weekend's Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas will undoubtedly be the tribute to honor the pop star with the Millennium Award. And the stage will be overflowing with famous friends saluting her talent. Access Hollywood is reporting that none other than First Lady Michelle Obama will step into the spotlight take part in the tribute. Beyonce...
- Posted Apr 16th 2011 at 08:23 AM by Christine Fenno
George Michael is in the mood for love, and on Friday's 'Piers Morgan Tonight,' he debuted a romantic new single recorded in honor of Prince William's upcoming wedding to Kate Middleton. The ballad is a cover of a 1972 Stevie Wonder track, 'You and I.' It's available via GeorgeMichael.com, where the British singer asks fans to download the song free and make a charitable contribution to the...
- Posted Mar 25th 2011 at 02:45 AM by AOL TV Editors
We're not sure what changed in 'American Idol,' but they actually managed to make their usually bloated results show must-see TV this week. From the beginning to the surprise ending, it was compelling edge-of-your-seat stuff. In the spirit of Motown, the first treat came during the group number. After it wrapped, the contestants lined up on either side of the big screen behind the stage, which...
- Posted Jun 3rd 2010 at 05:38 PM by Steven Avalos
The White House has seen it's fair share of important people over the years, but last night was definitely a decidedly star-studded event in honor of Paul McCartney. The former Beatle shared the stage with Stevie Wonder, Faith Hill, Corrine Bailey Rae and even the Jonas Brothers, all who paid tribute through covers of his classic and extensive catalog of music, and even got a light roasting by...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 02:54 PM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce and Madonna are the latest stars to flock to Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' telethon, joining some of the biggest names in music in a two-hour multi-network telecast benefiting the survivors of the devastating earthquake. 'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' will air on all major networks, featuring stars filmed in multiple locations worldwide. Bruce Springsteen,...
- Posted Nov 20th 2009 at 03:37 PM by Ashley Iasimone
On Thanksgiving, the golden era of Motown will be heard in its hometown of Detroit once again, with newcomers paying tribute to the classics. Artists Melanie Fiona, Hal Linton, Shontelle, Kem, Forever the Sickest Kids and Vita Chambers are set to appear at the 2009 United Way Thanksgiving Day Halftime Show: A Motown 50th Anniversary Tribute. Performers Melanie Fiona and Hal Linton are no...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 05:45 PM by Ashley Iasimone
Who: Jaicko Album: 'Can I' Video: 'Oh Yeah' Hails From: Barbados For Fans Of: The Dream, Chris Brown Why He's About to Pop: Jaicko's Caribbean-infused pop tunes are just hitting US radio this year, but he's been building his fanbase for years. "I released a number of songs in Barbados," Jaicko told PopEater. "We have two Top 40 radio stations, and I used to get plugged in between...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Second Child on the Way for Christian Bale
- Celebrity Skin Care Specialist Charged with Plotting to Murder Rival
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Hold Hands at N.Y.C. Restaurant
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- Jimmy Fallon can't keep it together when Stephen Colbert visits ?The Tonight Show' ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- James Franco reflects on Broadway debut: ?I have a good life'