Posts with tag "Super Bowl"
- Posted Feb 10th 2011 at 11:00 PM by Lisa G
Christina Aguilera's already-notorious "Star-Mangled Banner" is days behind us, but it's still the talk of a very cold town. We hit a chilly Times Square to see what people were saying about Christina and her flub in front of a record Super Bowl audience of 111 million. Most we talked to believe that the singer's talent outweighs her botching the lyrics to 'The Star-Spangled Banner.' But when...
- Posted Feb 9th 2011 at 09:04 PM by Nicki Gostin
EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his halftime performance at the Super Bowl, Black Eyed Peas member Taboo spoke to PopEater about the controversial show and also about his memoir called 'Fallin' Up,' which details his beginnings in east LA and his rise to superstardom. Amazingly, Taboo's troubles really began as the band became an international success. You guessed it, the usual 'Behind the Music' stuff,...
- Posted Feb 7th 2011 at 10:35 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
EXCLUSIVE: Christina Aguilera has pipes of steel, but her memory failed her on Super Bowl Sunday when she flubbed the ramparts out of the Star-Spangled Banner. With great gaffes come great amounts of criticism, and although the singer has tried to explain herself ("I lost my place"), she couldn't escape the wrath of Joan Rivers. "How stupid can you get?" Joan asked when I talked to her on...
- Posted Feb 6th 2011 at 02:11 PM by PopEater Staff
An athletic mega-event that's practically a national holiday, Super Bowl Sunday has a way of inspiring a whole lot of cooking, marketing, music-making and, yes, low-budget comedy bits. Resident ESPN jokester Kenny Mayne recently decided to take viewers on a "hard-hitting" tour of the town where Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy grew up: Greenfield, a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, Penn., smack...
- Posted Feb 5th 2011 at 11:00 AM by Justine Goodman
Football: It's a uniquely American phenomenon, from the game itself to the diehard fans. And this Sunday millions of Americans will flock to sports bars and house parties across the country to watch the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers vie for NFL gold at Super Bowl XLV. But the game itself isn't the only reason why the Super Bowl is consistently the most-watched television event of...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2011 at 06:00 PM by Nicki Gostin
Wolfgang Puck, the Austrian chef who basically invented gourmet pizza, has been catering the official Oscars party for years. Not only does he have his Academy Award soiree, he's also catering the Grammys and the Super Bowl. We checked in to see how Puck, 61, is prepping for the season. Have you been sleeping much lately? No. It's OK, we'll sleep when we are dead, a long time. How many...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2011 at 10:35 AM by PopEater Staff
Usher and former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash will join the Black Eyed Peas halftime show at the Super Bowl Sunday, an insider revealed to the AP. The source spoke anonymously as the appearances were planned as a surprise for Sunday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers. The Black Eyed Peas were notably the first young group chosen to perform since Janet Jackson and...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 11:39 AM by Zach Dionne
Justin Bieber can check another icon off his list after working with Black Sabbath singer and music legend Ozzy Osbourne for a Super Bowl commercial. The Best Buy ad will feature Ozzy and Biebs wearing 'Tron'-esque suits. PEOPLE writes that the commercial was filmed Jan. 17. That same day, Bieber posted some cryptic, excited tweets to his 6.9 million followers, throwing down the hashtag...
- Posted Nov 28th 2010 at 06:26 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Hungry for a big Bowl of Peas? With a new album dropping in a few days, and a recent win for Best Pop Group at the American Music Awards, the Black Eyed Peas have been having the time of their life this month. Next year is looking brighter than ever, too. Super Bowl XLV officials have confirmed that the 2011 half-time show airing live on Fox will star the 'Boom Boom Pow' singers, no strangers...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 11:01 AM by Gary Susman
It's no exaggeration to say that the most popular woman in America right now is Betty White. The biggest TV audience of all time saw the 88-year-old get tackled in a Snickers ad during the Super Bowl, a commercial that was the viewers' favorite among all of Sunday's much-discussed ads, according to USA Today's Ad Meter. The octogenarian also became the queen of Facebook thanks to an online...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ryan Lewis: My Mom Has HIV
- See Katy Perry as an Elderly Burlesque Dancer and More in This 'Birthday' Teaser
- Bachelorette Contestant Eric Hill in a Coma After Paragliding Accident
- 'Bachelorette' contestant in critical condition after parachute accident, report says
- AOL launches free streaming movies in pact with Miramax
- Mark Ruffalo posts first cast photos from ?Avengers: Age of Ultron' set
- This week's cover: ?Orange Is the New Black' scores a big (prison) break
- Rebel Wilson posts the first photo from the set of ?Pitch Perfect 2?