Posts with tag "Supreme Court"
- Posted Jun 24th 2011 at 10:01 AM by Marc Schneider
The long, sad, and convoluted saga of Anna Nicole Smith versus the estate of her late husband is over. The Supreme Court on Thursday ruled against Smith's estate, which long-argued that she was promised $300 million dollars from oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall, who married the bombshell model when he was 89 to her 26 years. Marshall's will gave his $1.6 billion fortune to his son, and the high court...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 11:20 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The Supreme Court will decide whether the estate of Anna Nicole Smith should get part of the fortune left behind by the elderly Texas billionaire whom Smith married in the mid-1990s. The justices on Tuesday decided to reconsider an appeals court ruling against Smith's estate, which wants to capture some of the $1.6 billion estate of her husband, J. Howard Marshall, who died in 1995. Marshall's...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Tie the Knot, Plus More of This Week's Top Stories
- Cee Lo Green Pleads No Contest to Felony Drug Charge
- Adam Levine: Being Married Makes Me Feel 'More Masculine'
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Happy Birthday, Cameron Diaz! Check Out the Star's Best Roles
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Her Dream to Have Three Children With Kanye West—See the Touching KUWTK Clip!
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Wedding Isn't the First: See Other Celeb Couples Who Married in France!