Posts with tag "Supreme Court"
- Posted Jun 24th 2011 at 10:01 AM by Marc Schneider
The long, sad, and convoluted saga of Anna Nicole Smith versus the estate of her late husband is over. The Supreme Court on Thursday ruled against Smith's estate, which long-argued that she was promised $300 million dollars from oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall, who married the bombshell model when he was 89 to her 26 years. Marshall's will gave his $1.6 billion fortune to his son, and the high court...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 11:20 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The Supreme Court will decide whether the estate of Anna Nicole Smith should get part of the fortune left behind by the elderly Texas billionaire whom Smith married in the mid-1990s. The justices on Tuesday decided to reconsider an appeals court ruling against Smith's estate, which wants to capture some of the $1.6 billion estate of her husband, J. Howard Marshall, who died in 1995. Marshall's ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ohio Police Find Meth Lab in Mom's Home After Checking on Toddler Found Wandering Alone and Chewing on Charcoal
- Safari Operator Defends Second American Accused of Killing a Lion in Zimbabwe: 'He Conducted His Hunt in Good Faith'
- Lenny Kravitz Rips Leather Pants on Stage, Accidentally Exposes Himself to Fans (and the Internet!)
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Tyra Banks: Stick a fork in 'America's Next Top Model,' it's done
- Zooey Deschanel announces marriage and birth of baby daughter
- Snooki Plumps Her Lips, Says Enhancing Her Pout Makes Her "Feel Better"—See the Pic!
- Jason Segel Ate ''2 Hot Pockets Every 3 Hours'' to Pack on 40 Pounds for New Movie: Watch Now
- Karlie Kloss Fronts Both Glamour & Flare's September Issues—Plus, See More September 2015 Covers!