Posts with tag "SusanBoyle"
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 07:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle has always always professed a deep love for songstress Elaine Paige, with whom she shared the stage last year as they sang Paige's hit 'I Know Him So Well' together. It seems that the adoration is a bit one-sided though, as Paige has fired back at Boyle's rise to stardom and what it took to get there. "'Britain's Got Talent' and 'The X Factor' just take a bunch of people from real ...
- Posted Jan 27th 2010 at 01:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle returned home to an unexpected houseguest Tuesday night, BBC reports. The intruder made a run for it when Boyle arrived at her Blackburn home, and still hasn't been identified by police. "The owner was very distressed to find someone had been within her home and we are keen to speak to anyone who can assist with our investigations," police said. But Boyle appeared happy on ...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 11:46 AM by Amber James
Celebrities are finding more creative ways to give back to the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. With the help of online downloads, everyone from Rihanna, Linkin Park, Jay-Z and Bono are releasing songs in which all the profits will be donated to relief organizations. In addition, all the music from Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' benefit will be on sale for 99 cents each through iTunes starting ...
- Posted Jan 20th 2010 at 10:02 AM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle wants the world to know that she isn't crazy. During an interview on the 'Oprah Winfrey Show,' Boyle brushed off all those reports that she was unable to deal with being transformed into an international star. She added that her exhaustion was more the result of working too hard than an inability to cope with her new-found fame. The 'Britian's Got Talent' contestant revealed the ...
- Posted Jan 6th 2010 at 08:40 PM by Laura Ferreiro
Susan Boyle maintained her No. 1 spot on the US charts for the sixth week in a row, but despite this impressive feat, she couldn't quite muster enough steam to overtake Taylor Swift as the top-selling artist of 2009. According to Nielsen SoundScan data released today, Boyle sold 3,104,000 copies of her debut album 'I Dreamed a Dream' in 2009, only slightly less than Swift's 'Fearless,' which sold ...
- Posted Dec 27th 2009 at 09:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Michael Jackson's death struck a chord with the world, and our audience, who voted it the biggest story of the year. The tragic turn of the King of Pop's life topped our poll with a staggering 83 percent of the vote, while Susan Boyle's rise to fame had the second most votes with 8 percent. ...
- Posted Dec 25th 2009 at 09:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Who was the breakout star of 2009? According to PopEater's audience, it was Taylor Swift. The country singer catapulted to fame this year, thanks in part to Kanye West grabbing her mic at the VMAs when she won for best female video. Forty-two percent of over 58K voters chose Swift while 29 percent thought Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle deserved the honor. In third, Lady Gaga with 25 ...
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Were you surprised by Susan Boyle's talent? Did you love or hate Adam Lambert's glam album cover? Do you think Kate Gosselin shared too much information with the media? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions in Hollywood this year.* Let's look back at the biggest poll questions of 2009 to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 09:00 PM by Laura Ferreiro
Scottish songstress Susan Boyle seems poised to conquer the world. The unassuming 'Britain's Got Talent' star has already sold more than 1.8 million copies of her debut album 'I Dreamed a Dream' in its first three weeks of release in the U.S. (not to mention the millions she's sold worldwide). She also set an impressive record for the best first-week sales of any woman since SoundScan started ...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 03:01 PM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle is still on top of the charts, and Taylor Swift had better watch her back. The 'Britain's Got Talent' star spent her second week at number one on the Billboard 200, as her debut album 'I Dreamed a Dream' sold 527,000 more copies. Billboard reports that she's well on her way to a third week at the top of the U.S. charts. In just two weeks, 'Dream' has sold a staggering 1.23 million ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Got a Cute New Haircut! See the First Pics
- Fake Deaf Intepreter at Mandela Memorial Says He Is Schizophrenic
- Shari Duval Pairs Dogs with Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Golden Globe nominations revealed!
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' review: Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks perfect in year's best film
- EXCLUSIVE: Oscar De La Hoya released from rehab
- ?The Sing-Off' react: B.Y.O.P(artyPuns).
- ?Nashville' midseason finale cliffhanger: Who died?
- ?Arrow' react: Ghosts of the past, a villain of the future
- Paul Walker: Cause of Fatal Car Crash Won't Be Known for 90 Days
- Lea Michele Talks About Cory Monteith's Death in First TV Interview: "He Would Want Me to Live My Life"
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review Roundup: Critics Can't Find Middle Ground on Middle-earth