Posts with tag "Ted Williams"
- Posted May 6th 2011 at 04:43 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Although the 'golden-voiced' Ted Williams has battled drug addiction in the past, this time he's headed back to rehab to deal with "emotional" issues, according to E! Online. Williams involuntarily burst into the spotlight earlier this year after being discovered, while asking for money on the side of the road, by a reporter who videotaped Williams showing off his golden radio voice. ...
- Posted Feb 22nd 2011 at 02:35 PM by Sarah Crow
Ted Williams' meteoric rise to fame came with an equally rapid downfall, but it seem that things are looking up for the formerly homeless man with the golden voice. TMZ reports that Williams has just inked a deal for a reality show, which will begin shooting in two weeks. According to Williams' rep, the show, titled 'Second Chances at Life,' will follow Williams' journey from homeless...
- Posted Feb 9th 2011 at 07:03 PM by Rebecca Macatee
We love a good rags to riches story, but "Golden Voice" Ted Williams is living proof that it's difficult to go from homelessness to Hollywood stardom overnight without some encountering some difficulties along the way. Thanks to a YouTube video gone viral, Williams went from an obscure man begging for money on the streets of Columbus, Ohio to a sought-after commercial voiceover talent. He did...
- Posted Jan 12th 2011 at 05:29 PM by Jett Wells
It was only a week ago when America fell in love overnight with a homeless man with a "golden voice" on the streets of Columbus, Ohio. It was less than a week ago when we all watched Ted Williams life miraculously turn around after reuniting with his mother and finding work -- high profile work with Kraft and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Unfortunately for Williams, 53, old habits always die hard....
- Posted Jan 12th 2011 at 10:48 AM by Marc Schneider
Ted Williams' excellent adventure hit a snag in Hollywood this week as he prepared to make a pair of TV appearances just days after shooting to instant fame because of his "golden" voice. Police were called on Monday to the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in response to an argument between the recently homeless man and his daughter, Janey. Los Angeles Police Officer Catherine Massey said the two "were...
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 01:56 PM by Zach Dionne
Ted Williams, the homeless, humble YouTube discovery with a magnificent radio voice, has had the week of a lifetime. Capping it off is his quickly assembled advertisement for Kraft -- just Thursday morning, Williams told Matt Lauer on the 'Today' show he was heading to Kraft later that day to record some voice work. Now that ad, for Kraft Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese, is here. Williams' voice...
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 08:30 AM by Marc Schneider
Kleenex is going to have a very good day. Ted Williams, the homeless man with a golden voice, was finally reunited with his mother Thursday in a supremely emotional exchange that was delayed because of two feuding morning shows and their cutthroat quest to capture the moment. In the end, The Columbus Dispatch, which introduced Williams to the world, was the first outlet to post video showing...
- Posted Jan 6th 2011 at 09:16 AM by Marc Schneider
Ted Williams almost didn't make it to the 'Today' show on Thursday. The most famous man in America over the last few days (sorry, Speaker Boehner) nearly couldn't get on a plane from Columbus, Ohio, because he no longer has a photo ID. But he made it. The "Homeless Man With the Golden Voice" returned to his native New York City to sit down with Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira to share his harrowing...
- Posted Jan 5th 2011 at 02:22 PM by The Editors of Urlesque
Earlier this week, a video of a homeless man in Columbus, Ohio, named Ted Williams hit the Internet. Upon first glance, he looks like your average dude holding up a sign at the side of the road -- but anyone who takes a minute to talk to him will realize that he has an out-of-control amazing voice. After seeing the video, Redditors in the Columbus area got to work trying to find ways to help...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll