Posts with tag "Teddy Pendergrass"
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 12:38 PM by Sam Brand
It's mostly gloom and doom on the Internet today. The Haitian government warns that "hundreds of thousands" could be dead after Tuesday's massive quake. Famed televangelist Pat Robertson has grabbed headlines by blaming the devastation on a "pact with the devil." R&B superstar Teddy Pendergrass is dead. And the 'Doomsday Clock' says the apocalypse is just a few ticks away. This is What You're ...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 07:28 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass, who had been one of the most electric and successful figures in music until a car crash 28 years ago left him in a wheelchair, has died of colon cancer. He was 59. Before the crash, Pendergrass established a new era of R&B with an explosive, raw voice that symbolized masculinity, passion and the joys and sorrow of romance in songs such as "Close the Door," ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Clooneys in Como! George and Amal Celebrate the Fourth of July in Italy
- Oops!... She Did It Again: Britney Spears Adorably Recreates Album Cover with Sons in Disneyland
- Beyoncé Hangs With Jay Z, Solange, Kelly Rowland and Missy Elliott at 'Insane' Essence Fest July 4th Bash
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- Kim Kardashian Shows Major Cleavage in Daring 4th of July Outfit—See the Photo!
- Dave Grohl Performs With Broken Leg While Sitting on Awesome Throne at 4th of July Concert—See the Photo!
- Kit Harington Sparks Hope for Fans of Game of Thrones' Jon Snow—Find Out Why and Check Out a Photo!