Posts with tag "Teddy Pendergrass"
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 12:38 PM by Sam Brand
It's mostly gloom and doom on the Internet today. The Haitian government warns that "hundreds of thousands" could be dead after Tuesday's massive quake. Famed televangelist Pat Robertson has grabbed headlines by blaming the devastation on a "pact with the devil." R&B superstar Teddy Pendergrass is dead. And the 'Doomsday Clock' says the apocalypse is just a few ticks away. This is What You're ...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 07:28 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass, who had been one of the most electric and successful figures in music until a car crash 28 years ago left him in a wheelchair, has died of colon cancer. He was 59. Before the crash, Pendergrass established a new era of R&B with an explosive, raw voice that symbolized masculinity, passion and the joys and sorrow of romance in songs such as "Close the Door," ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sandra Bullock is PEOPLE's 2015 World's Most Beautiful Woman!
- Chris Pratt: 5 Things to Know from His Reddit AMA
- Extremists May Have Plotted to Attack the Vatican, Italian Officials Say
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Mike Tyson doesn't bust a move on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Quiz: Where in the World Is Your Beauty Tribe?
- Amber Heard Doesn't Want to Be Hollywood's Sex Object Anymore: ''It's Incredibly Frustrating''
- Brandon Jenner Posts Sweetest Support Message for Dad Bruce Jenner, Complete With Adorable Father-Son Moment: See the Flashback Pic!