Posts with tag "The Beaver"
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 11:53 PM by Brittany Weiss
Jodie Foster is definitely not shying away from the complicated publicity her new film, 'The Beaver,' is attracting. In fact, she's smiling at the criticism -- good and bad. "It's not like anything you've ever seen. It has a very wry, interesting tone. And if you can embrace that, you can embrace the title, too," Foster told PopEater. It's a little ironic to see Mel Gibson playing the char...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 09:10 AM by Rob Shuter
Mel Gibson was noticeably absent from the South by Southwest Film Festival last night when 'The Beaver,' his long-delayed dark comedy directed by friend Jodie Foster, premiered to an excited audience. While Jodie was singing his praises on the red carpet, Mel took the evening off to get booked in his criminal battery case, but I'm told that even if he wasn't doing some housekeeping, the film's t...
- Posted Jan 29th 2011 at 02:32 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
It has to be said: Everything about 'The Beaver' is weird...and getting weirder! Mel Gibson's final cut of his new comedy 'The Beaver,' loaned to the actor by Summit Entertainment for a private screening at his Malibu home, has been reported stolen. And someone allegedly swiped the DVD right out of Gibson's mailbox. A lieutenant with the sheriff's department in Malibu/Lost Hills tells the Ho...
- Posted Dec 4th 2010 at 10:50 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
'The Beaver,' in which Mel Gibson plays a depressed dad and toy executive who attempts to break out of his lethargy by communicating with the world via a beaver puppet, may seem like an odd comeback vehicle for the actor. On the other hand, given the amount of buzz that the movie -- directed by and co-starring Jodie Foster -- has been generating, it could be exactly what Gibson needs to resurre...
- Posted Sep 21st 2010 at 12:15 PM by PopEater Staff
Ever since his rage-filled phone calls with his ex-girlfriend were released, Mel Gibson's life has been a struggle to say the least, but at least he still has Jodie Foster by his side. "The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them w...
- Posted Jul 15th 2010 at 06:57 AM by PopEater Staff
Despite all the talk of Mel Gibson's career being over after vicious audio rants against then-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva leaked recently, it's been barely noted that the 54-year-old actor still has a movie in post-production and another that's reportedly filming, according to IMDb. The feature in post-production, Jodie Foster-directed 'The Beaver,' actually went to reshoots after Mel Gibson's...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelor in Paradise Recap: Who Paired Up, Who Broke Down - and Who Went to the Hospital
- Jillian Michaels' 4 Easy Secrets to a Sexy Beach Body
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Isn't Ready to 'Expose' Herself in a Swimsuit
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- Jamie Chung Celebrates Upcoming Wedding With Enchanting Bridal Shower and Surprise Tribute to The Bachelor
- Amy Schumer Determined to Reduce Gun Violence, Says She Thinks of Lafayette Shooting Victims "Everyday"
- Marcus Grodd and Lacy Faddoul Got Married on Bachelor in Paradise & It Was Beautiful