Posts with tag "The Book of Mormon"
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 10:20 AM by Rob Shuter
Josh Gad and Andrew Rannells, the amazingly talented two lead actors of Broadway's monster hit, 'The Book Of Mormon,' tell me Donny and Marie Osmond have an "open invitation" to come and see the show whenever they want. Chatting with both Tony Award-nominated actors backstage at LXTV, it was obvious that they couldn't be prouder to be part of the show. That said, neither should hold their...
- Posted May 7th 2011 at 10:00 PM by John Mitchell
On Tuesday, 'The Book of Mormon' received 14 Tony nominations, making it this year's most nominated show by far. That's just shy of the record 15 nominations 'The Producers' and 'Billy Elliot' landed in 2001 and 2009, respectively. The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two...
- Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 01:46 PM by Rob Shuter
Sandra Bullock, who has moved to New York City to film a movie with Tom Hanks, had herself a fun-filled girls' night out last evening. The Oscar winner brought her sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, along to catch a performance of the fabulously reviewed smash hit, 'The Book of Mormon.' Did I mention I was sitting right next to her? The house was buzzing before the show even began. Sting and...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 09:40 PM by Amber James
In the same vein as 'South Park' and 'Team America,' Trey Parker and Matt Stone are ready to tackle Broadway (and Mormonism) in their new musical 'The Book of Mormon.' Yes, it will likely offend devout religious groups, but the creators aren't worried. "I like every Mormon I've ever met. They're just so damn nice," Stone admitted to PopEater at a special preview in New York City Monday...
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 11:51 AM by PopEater Staff
The long-gestating Broadway musical from the guys that brought you 'South Park' won't star Stan, Kyle, Kenny or Cartman, but it will have singing Mormon missionaries and, of course, a controversial theme. 'South Park' masterminds Trey Parker and Matt Stone, along with Tony-winning 'Avenue Q' creator Robert Lopez, developed 'The Book of Mormon' for a Broadway run starting March 2011, the New...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny Slate Talks Marcel the Shell's New Video and Children's Book
- With Accused Killer in Jail, Oklahoma Town Mourns His Murdered Parents and Sister
- Miranda Lambert and Meghan Trainor to Duet on the CMA Awards: Will You Watch?
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Zac Efron Celebrates 27th Birthday With Rumored Girlfriend Sami Miró in Amsterdam—All the Details!
- Teresa Giudice and Crisis Manager Part Ways After Reality Star Requests to Go to Prison That Inspired Orange Is the New Black
- Perfect Match! Leonardo DiCaprio and Girlfriend Toni Garrn Enjoy Romantic Tennis Match—Watch Now!