Posts with tag "The Book of Mormon"
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 10:20 AM by Rob Shuter
Josh Gad and Andrew Rannells, the amazingly talented two lead actors of Broadway's monster hit, 'The Book Of Mormon,' tell me Donny and Marie Osmond have an "open invitation" to come and see the show whenever they want. Chatting with both Tony Award-nominated actors backstage at LXTV, it was obvious that they couldn't be prouder to be part of the show. That said, neither should hold their...
- Posted May 7th 2011 at 10:00 PM by John Mitchell
On Tuesday, 'The Book of Mormon' received 14 Tony nominations, making it this year's most nominated show by far. That's just shy of the record 15 nominations 'The Producers' and 'Billy Elliot' landed in 2001 and 2009, respectively. The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two...
- Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 01:46 PM by Rob Shuter
Sandra Bullock, who has moved to New York City to film a movie with Tom Hanks, had herself a fun-filled girls' night out last evening. The Oscar winner brought her sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, along to catch a performance of the fabulously reviewed smash hit, 'The Book of Mormon.' Did I mention I was sitting right next to her? The house was buzzing before the show even began. Sting and...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 09:40 PM by Amber James
In the same vein as 'South Park' and 'Team America,' Trey Parker and Matt Stone are ready to tackle Broadway (and Mormonism) in their new musical 'The Book of Mormon.' Yes, it will likely offend devout religious groups, but the creators aren't worried. "I like every Mormon I've ever met. They're just so damn nice," Stone admitted to PopEater at a special preview in New York City Monday...
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 11:51 AM by PopEater Staff
The long-gestating Broadway musical from the guys that brought you 'South Park' won't star Stan, Kyle, Kenny or Cartman, but it will have singing Mormon missionaries and, of course, a controversial theme. 'South Park' masterminds Trey Parker and Matt Stone, along with Tony-winning 'Avenue Q' creator Robert Lopez, developed 'The Book of Mormon' for a Broadway run starting March 2011, the New...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Missing Mom Michelle Parker's Family: We'll Never Stop Looking For Her
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Evan Ross Teases "Incredible" New Music With Ashlee Simpson, Would "Love" to Duet With Diana Ross
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Join Justin Bieber to Celebrate Hailey Baldwin's 18th Birthday—Take a Look!
- American Music Awards Artists One Direction, Lorde and More Shown Through Emojis—Can You Guess Correctly? Play the Game Now!