Posts with tag "The Daily Show"
- Posted Jul 3rd 2011 at 02:34 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
'Tonight Show' vs. 'Daily Show' may be the latest battle in the late-night wars, as a surprise ratings report has NBC and Comedy Central clashing over who's on top. Is Jon Stewart, as the numbers suggest, now more popular than Jay Leno? For the first time, Stewart's 'The Daily Show' has bested Leno's 'Tonight Show' in a key segment of viewers. However, NBC execs, ever stubborn when it comes to ...
- Posted May 5th 2011 at 12:05 AM by AOL TV Editors
In response to a contractual restriction which forbids networks to use royal wedding footage in a satirical way, Jon Stewart presented a hilarious animated simulation of the marriage between Prince William and Kate Middleton on 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart'. In the animation, the Prince and Middleton walk down the aisle past a line of notable figures, including Harry Potter, David Beckham, ...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 09:30 AM by Jo Piazza
'Daily Show' correspondent Aasif Mandvi has his hands full these days with all the interest the news media is suddenly taking in Islamic issues from the Ground Zero mosque to Koran burning in Florida. Somehow he found time to organize Monday night's Stand Up for Religious Freedom comedy night to raise money for Pakistan flood relief. Among the comedians joining Mandvi were Comedy Central own Jo...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 06:41 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are taking on causes more serious than a mock feud when they lead dueling political rallies on the National Mall later this month. Stewart, host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show," announced Monday on NPR that he will ask attendees at his Oct. 30 "Rally to Restore Sanity" to help restore the National Mall. The park and its memorials have a $400 million backlog ...
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 04:05 PM by Maggie Coughlan
Looks like Jon Stewart isn't the only one making jokes at the expense of disgraced CNN anchor Rick Sanchez. "It's a great loss to news ... and to America," laughed 'The Daily Show' correspondent, John Oliver on the red carpet of Comedy Central's 'Night of Too Many Stars.' Sanchez was fired last week from his position at CNN after a six-year career at the network, a result of inflammatory rem...
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 07:43 AM by PopEater Staff
'The Daily Show' star John Oliver is engaged. Oliver popped the question to longtime girlfriend Kate Norley, an Iraqi War veteran, this summer in St. Thomas, he told PEOPLE at Saturday's Night Of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Concert For Autism Education. "We were in St. Thomas on holiday," he said. The pair met at the 2008 Republican National Convention, but were friends first. "I fin...
- Posted Aug 19th 2010 at 06:45 AM by The Editors of Vulture
In a move that took host Jon Stewart by surprise, 'Daily Show' contributor Lewis Black professed his love for the book 'Eat Pray Love' last night. But he totally hates the new movie version starring Julia Roberts. Up next on 'The Colbert Report,' Stephen wonders why the freshly unretired Brett Favre hates his family so much, and wrapping things up on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live,' actor Jerry O'Connell ...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 06:24 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Jon Stewart told Bill O'Reilly that the "no spin zone" ringleader had become the voice of sanity on Fox News Channel, although "that's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp." The host of 'The Daily Show' and Fox's kingpin exchanged some good-natured shots Wednesday during Stewart's appearance on a network he relishes mocking. Stewart tossed off jokes but also criticized Fox for being a "cycloni...
Popeater Hot Topics
- From Homeless to Music Stardom: Doug Seegers on His 'Roller Coaster' Life
- Cat Litter Caused $240 Million Radiation Leak in New Mexico
- Will Smith Reunites With The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Costar Tatyana Ali
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Michelle Obama Offers Inspirational Words at 2015 Black Girls Rock!—Find Out What She Said!
- Khloé Kardashian & French Montana Get Cozy at Nightclub—See the Butt-Tastic Photo and Check Out Details!
- Carrie Underwood Shares New Photo of Baby Son Isaiah—See His Adorable Face for the First Time!