Posts with tag "The Hobbit"
- Posted Jun 30th 2011 at 05:30 PM by Nicki Gostin
Elijah Wood stars in a rather unusual new comedy on FX called 'Wilfred' (airs Thursdays), and will be reprising his most famous role, Frodo Baggins, in the 'Hobbit' movies. Wood who still looks far younger than his 30 years, is excited for both completely different projects and tells PopEater why he played a disappearing act the last year or two. He warns 'Rings' fans that his 'Hobbit' part is...
- Posted Jun 20th 2011 at 07:34 AM by Moviefone Editors
It looks like a 'Lost' alum has found a new role in director Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit.' Via his Facebook page, Jackson announced the casting of former 'Lost' star Evangeline Lilly in his next epic film. Lilly won't be playing a hobbit, like her ex-boyfriend (and 'Lost' co-star), Dominic Monaghan did in 'The Lord of the Rings' franchise: She's been cast as a new character, a Woodland Elf...
- Posted May 31st 2011 at 07:45 AM by Moviefone Editors
The official titles of the two upcoming 'Hobbit' films have just been announced and there's none of this boring 'Part 1' and 'Part 2' nonsense. The first of the two films will be called 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' and the second 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again.' The first references one of the book's chapter headings, the second is actually part of author J.R. R. Tolkien's original...
- Posted May 29th 2011 at 11:33 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Orlando Bloom has moved on from the swashbuckling 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise, but he's still not ready to say farewell to the land of J.R.R. Tolkien. Although the character Legolas doesn't appear in Tolkien's novel 'The Hobbit,' Bloom (who originated the blonde elf role in the acclaimed 'Lord of the Rings' films) has officially signed on to appear as Legolas in director Peter...
- Posted Apr 15th 2011 at 10:40 AM by John Mitchell
'Lord of the Rings' mastermind Peter Jackson's much-delayed two-part adaptation of 'The Hobbit' is finally filming, and the Oscar-winning director has posted video of the pre-production process and the films' first days in front of the camera to prove it. Production on the big-budget films was delayed for several years due to disputes over the distribution rights, financial troubles at MGM,...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 02:25 PM by Moviefone Editors
It's no secret that 'The Hobbit' has suffered its fair share of setbacks. Guillermo del Toro was on board to direct but dropped out after MGM's financial woes delayed production. Writer/producer Peter Jackson saved the day by stepping in to take the helm but was faced with a union boycott that almost halted everything once again. Now, in the latest setback, Jackson has been admitted to a New...
- Posted Nov 5th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Jo Piazza
We learned recently that Sir Ian McKellen still isn't signed on to play Gandalf in Peter Jackson's two-film adaptation of 'The Hobbit,' and many have speculated that McKellen has been angling for more money. We caught up with our favorite wizard at the Savannah Film Festival and he said he just wants Warner Bros. to give him a call. McKellen is currently enjoying the six months of the year...
- Posted Jul 4th 2010 at 05:30 AM by Jane Boursaw
If you've been following the making of 'The Hobbit,' you know the project has been on a roller coaster ride since it was optioned in 2006. But the troubles date back to 1995, when Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh expressed interest in filming the story as part one of a trilogy. Frustrations arose over production and distribution rights, and Jackson and Walsh went on to adapt the 'Lord of the Rings'...
- Posted May 31st 2010 at 08:01 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Director Guillermo del Toro said Monday that production delays have forced him to quit the planned film version of J.R.R. Tolkien's 'The Hobbit,' a two-part prequel to New Zealand filmmaker Peter Jackson's blockbuster trilogy 'Lord of the Rings.' "In light of ongoing delays in the setting of a start date for filming The Hobbit, I am faced with the hardest decision of my life," del Toro told a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Voice's Top 10 Is Revealed in Dramatic - and Confusing - Fashion
- Get the Look: Whitney Port's Pretty Dinner Table
- The Wahlberg Family's Boston Marathon Photo Diary
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day