Posts with tag "The Kings Speech"
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 10:00 PM by Nicki Gostin
The wonderful Geoffrey Rush is back as mendacious Captain Barbossa in the latest installment of the 'Pirates' franchise, 'On Stranger Tides.' The 59-year-old Aussie actor has had a breathtakingly diverse career, winning an Oscar for 'Shine,' and stealing scenes in movies like 'Shakespeare in Love' and 'Elizabeth.' And of course there was his nominated performance in 'The King's Speech.' Rush ...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 12:02 AM by Zach Dionne
Colin Firth earned his first Academy Award Sunday night, snagging the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in 'The King's Speech.' "I have a feeling my career's just peaked," Firth said as he accepted his award from Sandra Bullock. Firth appeared emotional but mostly composed, calling his fellow nominees both "extraordinary" and "formidable." Throughout the 2011 awards season, Firth's ...
- Posted Feb 27th 2011 at 06:01 PM by Matthew Shepatin
I'll admit it. I thought about presenting my interview with Guy Pearce -- who plays King Edward VIII in Oscar hopeful 'The King's Speech' -- in reverse. A meta-tribute to the granddaddy of meta-narratives, 'Memento,' which just celebrated its 10th anniversary (hence, the new special-edition Blu-ray). Pearce's breakout performance in 'L.A. Confidential' should have put him on the path to ...
- Posted Feb 4th 2011 at 04:34 PM by Moviefone Editors
They say truth can be stranger than fiction, but that seldom stops Hollywood from adding an embellishment or two when it comes to transferring truth to the big screen. Films purportedly "based on a true story" (or bearing the even murkier "inspired by true events") tread treacherous ground with film buffs, historians and purists. How far can artistic license stretch for the sake of ...
- Posted Jan 31st 2011 at 05:00 PM by Jo Piazza
You can listen to the Oscar watchers and the bloggers and the critics, but the most accurate way of predicting who and what will win a little gold statue is to leave it up to something rational: the market. Enter the Hollywood Stock Exchange, an online stock market simulation that lets users "trade" on stars and movies. HSX traders predicted Oscar nominations with an 89 percent accuracy rate, ...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 02:20 PM by Jett Wells
Oscar season is a marathon stricken by fickle opinions and wavering tastes, but this year has been relatively drama-free thanks to consensus-favorite 'The Social Network' dominating the award shows. This week, however, some critics jumped ship. After 'Network's' top competitor, 'The King's Speech,' stole a win at the Producers Guild Awards and racked up the most Oscar nominations with 12, ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Susan Sarandon: I Was Stoned at 'Almost All' the Awards Shows
- Who Is the Godfather of Donald Faison and CaCee Cobb's Son?
- PHOTO: Kelly Ripa's Abs Are About to Be No. 1 on Your Christmas List
- Kim Kardashian defends giving 10 percent of eBay auction proceeds to charity, says its plenty
- Snubbed! Golden Globes leave Winfrey, Hanks, Scorcese out in the cold
- Golden Globes: Full list of movie and television nominees
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Golden Globe nominations: Reactions from Matthew McConaughey, Kerry Washington & more
- No Oprah? No Scorsese? What were the Golden Globes' most egregious snubs?
- Thanks, Internet: Now You Can Insert Any Picture Into This Iconic Home Alone "Woof" Scene
- Angelina Jolie Takes Selfie With Fans on Unbroken Set, Proving She's Just Like Everyone Else!
- Victoria's Secret Model Lindsay Ellingson Engaged to Sean Clayton—See Her Ring!