Posts with tag "The Kings Speech"
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 10:00 PM by Nicki Gostin
The wonderful Geoffrey Rush is back as mendacious Captain Barbossa in the latest installment of the 'Pirates' franchise, 'On Stranger Tides.' The 59-year-old Aussie actor has had a breathtakingly diverse career, winning an Oscar for 'Shine,' and stealing scenes in movies like 'Shakespeare in Love' and 'Elizabeth.' And of course there was his nominated performance in 'The King's Speech.' Rush spo...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 12:02 AM by Zach Dionne
Colin Firth earned his first Academy Award Sunday night, snagging the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in 'The King's Speech.' "I have a feeling my career's just peaked," Firth said as he accepted his award from Sandra Bullock. Firth appeared emotional but mostly composed, calling his fellow nominees both "extraordinary" and "formidable." Throughout the 2011 awards season, Firth's perfor...
- Posted Feb 27th 2011 at 06:01 PM by Matthew Shepatin
I'll admit it. I thought about presenting my interview with Guy Pearce -- who plays King Edward VIII in Oscar hopeful 'The King's Speech' -- in reverse. A meta-tribute to the granddaddy of meta-narratives, 'Memento,' which just celebrated its 10th anniversary (hence, the new special-edition Blu-ray). Pearce's breakout performance in 'L.A. Confidential' should have put him on the path to fabulou...
- Posted Feb 4th 2011 at 04:34 PM by Moviefone Editors
They say truth can be stranger than fiction, but that seldom stops Hollywood from adding an embellishment or two when it comes to transferring truth to the big screen. Films purportedly "based on a true story" (or bearing the even murkier "inspired by true events") tread treacherous ground with film buffs, historians and purists. How far can artistic license stretch for the sake of entertainment...
- Posted Jan 31st 2011 at 05:00 PM by Jo Piazza
You can listen to the Oscar watchers and the bloggers and the critics, but the most accurate way of predicting who and what will win a little gold statue is to leave it up to something rational: the market. Enter the Hollywood Stock Exchange, an online stock market simulation that lets users "trade" on stars and movies. HSX traders predicted Oscar nominations with an 89 percent accuracy rate, g...
- Posted Jan 28th 2011 at 02:20 PM by Jett Wells
Oscar season is a marathon stricken by fickle opinions and wavering tastes, but this year has been relatively drama-free thanks to consensus-favorite 'The Social Network' dominating the award shows. This week, however, some critics jumped ship. After 'Network's' top competitor, 'The King's Speech,' stole a win at the Producers Guild Awards and racked up the most Oscar nominations with 12, 'Speec...
Popeater Hot Topics
- High School Seniors Give Trip Money to Their Principal Battling Cancer
- Love and Theft's 'Whiskey on My Breath' Video: See It Here
- Kimberly Felshaw Hosts Incredible Baby Showers for Deserving Military Families
- Stars believe what?
- Kanye and North West nearly unrecognizable in Kim Kardashian's game
- Judge may close Lindsay Lohan's last open criminal case
- Tom Hardy Has the Perfect Reaction When Asked If Mad Max: Fury Road Should Be a "Man's Movie"—Watch Now!
- Lori Loughlin Confirms Aunt Becky Is Back for Fuller House—and Weighs in on Olsen Twins Not Returning
- Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff Talks #RichKids, David Hasselhoff Weighs in on How He Really Feels About His Daughter Being on Reality TV