Posts with tag "Tom Hanks"
- Posted Jun 22nd 2011 at 07:00 AM by Kelly Fisher
Tom Hanks is usually game for just about anything when promoting a project and he certainly proved it when he dropped by Univision's 'Despierta America' this week. Making an appearance to talk up his latest flick, 'Larry Crowne,' Hanks decided to also liven up the weather segment of the Spanish-language show. Hanks appears in front of a weather map of the U.S., and the Oscar winner proceeds to...
- Posted May 28th 2011 at 10:36 AM by Christine Fenno
Thousands of college graduates at 2011 commencement ceremonies this spring have enjoyed inspiring oratories by the likes of Denzel Washington, former president Bill Clinton, Stevie Wonder and both President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. In a compilation video, CBS News has mashed up the best of the heartfelt pep talks that celebrities have given to the cap-and-gown crowd. (One...
- Posted May 13th 2011 at 08:36 PM by Katelyn Mullen
Julia Roberts can, and is, doing it all these days. She is a successful actress, loving mother and wife, and is aging ever-so-gracefully right in front of our eyes. The 43-year-old beauty sat down with her 'Larry Crowne' co-star and director, Tom Hanks, for an interview with W magazine and the playful pair came across as real and genuine as one would hope they'd be. The interview and photos...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 07:20 AM by Christo Varghese
Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson are suing their former insurance agency on charges of embezzlement. TMZ reports that Hanks and Wilson claimed that they previously worked with the J.B. Goldman Insurance Agency for more than 20 years and used the company to procure various policies. They switched brokers last month, and the new broker alerted the couple that they were being grossly...
- Posted Mar 16th 2011 at 01:45 PM by Moviefone Editors
Tom Hanks, missing from the big screen since 'Angels & Demons' in 2009, has made a splash by signing on to play Capt. Richard Phillips in Sony's adaptation of 'A Captain's Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea,' Phillips' memoir of his harrowing experience with Somali pirates in 2009, according to Deadline. Hanks, who is very picky about his projects, took a liking to...
- Posted Mar 1st 2011 at 06:45 AM by Kelly Fisher
Tom Hanks stopped by 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' and gave viewers a "sneak peak" of his appearance on TLC's 'Toddlers & Tiaras.' We don't think we could love this more if we tried. Hanks appears with his "daughter" Sophie (played by actress Nikki Hahn) in the video spoof of the show, according to E! Online. The pair are shown preparing to compete in an upcoming beauty pageant called the 'Ultimate...
- Posted Jan 13th 2011 at 03:00 PM by Jett Wells
Move over Willow Smith. Chet Haze, son of Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, is the next celebrity spawn vying for a music career. In a short interview with The Washington Post's Celebritology, Chester Hanks took time away from his studies at Northwestern University to speak briefly about being a famous kid on campus and how his parents support his music. "They do know about it, and they share my...
- Posted Jan 12th 2011 at 02:07 PM by Jett Wells
People know of Tom Hanks' son Colin, who graced the big screen in 'Orange County,' but that Hanks heir doesn't have the rapping chops of his little bro Chester. While the photo here is from 2006, Chester Hanks is now a grown-up frat boy at Northwestern University, according to Gawker. This mini-Hanks raps under the MC title Chet Haze, releasing his first track, Northwestern University anthem...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 12:53 PM by Zach Dionne
Conan O'Brien's Nov. 8 TBS debut is drawing ever-closer, and boy, what a doozy of a first week he's lined up. Deadline Hollywood reports that within four days, Coco will host Tom Hanks, Seth Rogen, Michael Cera, 'Mad Men' hunk Jon Hamm, 'Modern Family' star Julie Bowen and '30 Rock' comedian Jack McBrayer. White Stripes rocker Jack White will hit the stage as the first musical guest on 'Conan.'...
- Posted Oct 30th 2009 at 05:28 PM by Scott Harris
Once again it's Halloween, and for most Americans that means two things sure to make you sick: candy and horror movies. They may not be good for you, but people just can't seem to get enough of either, which may help explain why so many of our most popular stars got their start in horror movies. Some of the best horror movies ever made have been low-budget flicks churned out to meet the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendra Wilkinson to Hank Baskett: You Aren't Wanted
- How Princess Kate Got Back to Her 'Smiling, Bubbly Self'
- Megyn Kelly: My Kids Don't Know What I Do for a Living
- Florida Georgia Line: We're 'professional partiers' and smoke pot
- Matthew McConaughey stands up for romantic comedies
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- Renée Zellweger Explains Why Her Face Looks Different: "People Don't Know Me in My 40s"
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves