Posts with tag "Tony Awards"
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 03:05 PM by Katelyn Mullen
The 65th Annual Tony Awards went off without a hitch at the Beacon Theatre in New York City last night. 'Book of Mormon' took home the prize for Best Musical, Neil Patrick Harris has been receiving rave reviews for his hosting duties, and Booke Shields even messed up her lines, but a night with Broadway's most talented stars wouldn't be complete without a few eyebrow raising acceptance speeches. ...
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 09:42 AM by AOL TV Editors
It was a battle for the ages: One impeccably dressed, show-stopping song-and-dance man against another. And they both just happened to be huge stars in the worlds of TV, film and Broadway. 'How I Met Your Mother' star Neil Patrick Harris defended his right to host the Tony Awards against former Tony MC Hugh Jackman. Dueling it out in a very Great White Way, Harris and Jackman referenced the...
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 06:15 AM by Kelly Fisher
The biggest night on Broadway didn't disappoint, and it's really no surprise. With Neil Patrick Harris as host, a great group of nominated shows, and a musical that provided its own jokes (we're looking at you, 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'), the 65th Annual Tony Awards was a smash hit for theater lovers. According to E! Online, Harris hit the nail on the head when he proclaimed at the top of...
- Posted Jun 9th 2011 at 10:15 PM by Nicki Gostin
Are there enough hours in a day for Neil Patrick Harris? The actor juggles a hit sitcom, 'How I Met Your Mother,' a movie career that includes the much-buzzed-about 'Smurfs,' a hosting job with the Tony Awards this Sunday and um, he's got 8-month-old twins. But don't worry about the guy, little Gideon and Harper (with partner David Burtka) sleep 11 hours a night, he tells PopEater in a fun chat...
- Posted May 10th 2011 at 02:40 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Neil Patrick Harris has officially been named host of the 2011 Tony Awards and if all goes well, he'll be flying high once the curtain goes up -- literally. "Since they're closed for retooling, we're using all the rigging equipment from 'Spider-Man.' What could possibly go wrong," Harris joked in a press release. Although this will be Harris' second go at the Tony hosting gig -- he hosted...
- Posted May 8th 2011 at 01:00 PM by John Mitchell
Earlier this week, we were lucky enough to catch up with several Tony Award nominees at a press event in New York. As hard-hitting celebrity journalists, we prepared some really tough questions ... But then everybody was so nice that we forgot to ask them, and instead spent a few hours swooning over some of Broadway's biggest stars. But do not worry, beloved PopEater readers, we did ask Tony...
- Posted May 7th 2011 at 10:00 PM by John Mitchell
On Tuesday, 'The Book of Mormon' received 14 Tony nominations, making it this year's most nominated show by far. That's just shy of the record 15 nominations 'The Producers' and 'Billy Elliot' landed in 2001 and 2009, respectively. The irreverent musical is a collaboration between 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and 'Avenue Q' mastermind Robert Lopez and tells the story of two...
- Posted May 6th 2011 at 11:00 PM by John Mitchell
EXCLUSIVE: Elizabeth Rodriguez just scored her first Tony nomination for her role in 'The Motherf**ker with the Hat,' an intense play about a former drug dealer (played by Bobby Cannavale) forced to deal with his still-using girlfriend (Rodriguez) while trying to get his life back together with the help of his parole counselor (Chris Rock). The hit show scored an impressive six Tony nominations,...
- Posted May 3rd 2011 at 10:30 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
If you're jones-ing to indulge in a theatrical snack, look no further than this year's Tony Award nominees. Although it looks like Broadway musical, 'The Book of Mormon,' will nab the top honors -- the show has 14 nominations -- actors like Al Pacino, Vanessa Redgrave and Frances McDormand also scored best performance nominations. The little musical that could, 'Book of Mormon,' climbed to the...
- Posted Jun 14th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Amber James
No star walked away empty-handed at Sunday night's Tony Awards. On 3 Productions produced the Official Talent Gift Lounge backstage at the 64th Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, and everyone from Sean Hayes and Scarlett Johansson to Paula Abdul, Justin Bartha and Kristin Chenoweth stopped by to pick up some sweet gifts. PopEater has the inside scoop from the stars and vendors...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenna von Oy's Blog: Why I'm Not Stressed over My Second Child
- Woman Stuck in California Chimney Saved, Then Arrested
- Kaley Cuoco Throws Baby Shower with Massages, Mocktails & Giraffe Cake (PHOTOS)
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of ?Walking Dead'?
- The lyrics of ?It's the Hard-Knock Life,' according to this ridiculous ?Annie' emoji video
- Cutest Rugby Player Ever?! Prince Harry Shows Off His Skills While Mentoring Young Athletes
- Robert Pattinson Lands in Toronto Solo After Whirlwind Trip With Girlfriend FKA Twigs
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Fuel Dating Rumors With European Getaway, Rapper Blasts Hater on Instagram