Posts with tag "Tony Curtis"
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 05:28 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Tony Curtis was buried Monday with a melange of his favorite possessions - a Stetson hat, an Armani scarf, driving gloves, an iPhone and a copy of his favorite novel, "Anthony Adverse," a book that inspired his celebrity name and launched a robust film career that spanned decades and genres. The 85-year-old Oscar-nominated actor who starred in such films as "The Defiant Ones" and "Some Like It...
- Posted Sep 30th 2010 at 05:12 PM by Nicki Gostin
Tony Curtis, who was born in The Bronx with the more prosaic name Bernie Schwartz, was the epitome of old school movie star. He had matinee looks and casting agents nicknamed him 'ice cream face' because of his smooth complexion. He also had a tempestuous personal life -- and a notorious way with the ladies -- that made for great copy. Early on in his career he began a brief relationship with a...
- Posted Sep 30th 2010 at 11:10 AM by Moviefone Editors
Following the death of Hollywood icon Tony Curtis, we turn to our friends at Moviefone to look over screen highlights from his long and legendary career. Check them out below and tell us your favorite Curtis movie moment on our Facebook page....
- Posted Sep 30th 2010 at 06:58 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Tony Curtis, the Bronx tailor's son who became a 1950s movie heartthrob and then a respected actor with such films as 'Sweet Smell of Success,' ''The Defiant Ones' and 'Some Like It Hot,' died last night in Las Vegas. He was 85. Curtis died of a cardiac arrest at 9:25 p.m. MDT Wednesday at his home, Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said. Estranged daughter Jamie Lee Curtis, a child of his the...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 10:11 AM by PopEater Staff
Actor Tony Curtis is reportedly dropping a major bombshell in his new memoir, claiming that screen icon and his 'Some Like It Hot' co-star Marilyn Monroe miscarried his child while the two were both married to other people. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- 203-lb. Tween Has Rare Condition that Makes Weight Loss Nearly Impossible
- Miley Cyrus to Katy Perry: 'My Tongue Isn't the One You Should Worry About'
- Woman with Down Syndrome Fights for Her Freedom - and Wins
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- ?Bachelor' Juan Pablo slammed for more controversial comments
- Bob Costas didn't get pink eye from bad Botox, NBC insists
- President Obama misspells Aretha Franklin's hit song ?Respect'
- Kanye West and Big Sean join Rick Ross on ?The Arsenio Hall Show' ? VIDEO
- Chris Hemsworth and Ready-to-Pop Elsa Pataky Enjoy Casual Pizza Date in Malibu—See How Adorable They Are!
- The Foster's Sneak Peek: Glee Star Enlists Mariana's Help to Cure Her "Lovesick" Son—Watch Now!
- Prince Harry Joined by Cressida Bonas at First Official Royal Function—See the Pics!