Posts with tag "Toronto International Film Festival"
- Posted Sep 17th 2010 at 04:46 PM by PopEater Staff
Michael Moore frequently praises Canada in his documentaries for the country's health care system and its non-violent ways, but, of late, the Michigander's northern neighbors haven't been on his good side. "It is absolutely shameful how Canada has behaved toward those who have resisted this [Iraq] war," Moore said to reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival. Moore tore into...
- Posted Sep 13th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Jonathan Dekel
- Filed under:
- Music News
It may have been pouring rain outside, but under the rooftop tent at Global TV's annual 'Entertainment Tonight Canada' TIFF party, will.i.am was lighting a fire under the feet of the film festival elite with an unorthodox mix of MCing and DJing that felt more like a private karaoke session than a celebrity spin set. While fellow musicians K'naan, Kardinal Offishall and Fefe Dobson -- who told...
- Posted Sep 13th 2010 at 11:04 AM by PopEater Staff
After rumors swirled last July that Carla Bruni-Sarkozy took 32 takes to shoot a single scene, Woody Allen has swooped in to defend the beautiful actress-French First Lady in distress. "She was no problem at all," Allen declared at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival, the AP reports. "I was delighted with her." Allen was all defense at TIFF in an interview when asked about...
- Posted Sep 11th 2010 at 01:22 PM by Christine Fenno
Cracking wise at the Toronto International Film Festival on Friday while discussing what it was like to film the new bank-heist thriller 'The Town' (in theaters next weekend), 'Mad Men' star Jon Hamm opened up during a press conference about taking direction from Ben Affleck. "It was an awful experience," Hamm insisted, according to PEOPLE. "[Ben's] a horrible human being. Talent-free, I guess...
- Posted Jan 25th 2010 at 05:13 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
- Filed under:
- Northern Lights
You know, we're starting to get angry (and resentful) that all of our beautiful women are getting shuttled off to the United States for good acting gigs. Can't someone create a show here where the cast is nothing but good-looking Canuck women? Seriously, there'd be no trouble filling that roster. This month, we shine the spotlight on Canadian actress Carly Pope, who's probably best known for...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2009 at 06:00 AM by Bryan Alexander
When Oprah Winfrey led a parade of A-listers on the red carpet at the Toronto Film Festival recently, comparisons to the Beatles on 'Ed Sullivan' quickly came to mind. The reaction from onlookers was rapturous. There to promote 'Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire,' Winfrey appeared genuinely touched by the rabid Canadian reception, clutching her hand to her heart in thanks. But the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- It's a Girl for Joe Don Rooney of Rascal Flatts
- Michael Strahan Grabs Cocktails and Cigars at the Club
- Kylie Jenner Wears Over $40,000 Worth of Cartier Love Bracelets (PHOTO)
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Firsts & Worsts: Annaleigh Ashford on ?Sex,' superstition, and Cyndi Lauper
- Minus some missteps, ?Shadow of Mordor' is one of the year's best games
- Taran Killam Cusses Out Saturday Night Live Host Sarah Silverman, Reminds Comedian She's Not Tina Fey
- Gilmore Girls Hits Netflix: What Is the Cast up to Now?
- Giuliana and Bill Rancic Reveal Plans for Baby No. 2: ''We Definitely Want Another Child If We're So Lucky''