Posts with tag "Tracy Morgan"
- Posted Jun 28th 2011 at 04:00 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
'You can't teach an old dog new tricks' -- so the saying goes -- and Tracy Morgan appears to be one roughed up pup. The comedian and actor, who recently went on an apology spree after a barrage of hateful homophobic comments he made during a Nashville stand-up show, has done it again -- this time slamming the mentally and physically disabled. "Don't ever mess with women who have retarded kids," ...
- Posted Jun 21st 2011 at 02:55 PM by PopEater Staff
Tracy Morgan returned to Nashville on Tuesday to deliver an apology to gay advocacy groups and fans offended by his homophobic comments made at a stand-up routine earlier this month. Sitting at a GLAAD-sponsored panel table with Kevin Rogers, the man who sparked the controversy with a Facebook post, the '30 Rock' star tried to make amends for among other things, saying that he would "stab" his ...
- Posted Jun 20th 2011 at 08:13 AM by Rob Shuter
Ever since Tracy Morgan shocked fans with a homophobic rant during a stand-up show in Nashville earlier this month, the '30 Rock' star has been trying to make amends. Really trying to make amends. He has partnered with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) in its efforts to combat anti-gay bullying, visited homeless gay youth, and even met with Elke Kennedy, whose ...
- Posted Jun 18th 2011 at 11:52 AM by Christine Fenno
Tracy Morgan's apology tour is in full swing, as the '30 Rock' star visited gay homeless teens on Friday in New York (see photo after the jump), in a GLAAD-endorsed meeting that also included relatives of hate-crime victims. Morgan has been under fire since June 3, when he allegedly told a Nashville comedy-club crowd of the violent reaction he might have if his son ever came out to him. ...
- Posted Jun 14th 2011 at 10:30 PM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Good News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Top News
EXCLUSIVE: Tracy Morgan was genuinely devastated when he learned that he had hurt people with the anti-gay jokes in his comedy routine in Nashville, Russell Simmons tells PopEater. The hip-hop mogul and equal rights activist was one of the first people the comedian opened up to following the fall-out from his offensive standup. Simmons had immediately called Morgan to tell him how upset he was and ...
- Posted Jun 14th 2011 at 07:03 AM by Kelly Fisher
Tracy Morgan found himself in hot water last week after he reportedly went on a homophobic and sexist rant during a stand-up show in Nashville, Tenn. Now, after issuing several public apologies for his tirade and speaking with GLAAD, the '30 Rock' star is reportedly headed back to the place where the drama all started. According to Us Weekly, Morgan will visit Nashville next week to personally ...
- Posted Jun 12th 2011 at 11:01 AM by Christine Fenno
Chris Rock is speaking out to clarify a comment that seemed to defend Tracy Morgan and the recent homophobic, not to mention sexist, jokes the '30 Rock' star made in a comedy club. Witnesses reported being shocked by the TV star's rant (Morgan soon apologized). On Saturday, Rock first weighed in with the tweet, "I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in world where Tracy Morgan can't ...
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 11:25 PM by Marc Schneider
EXCLUSIVE: For all the negative press and condemnation Tracy Morgan's anti-gay rant during a Nashville stand-up concert has received, little to nothing has been said about the '30 Rock' star's also-vicious assault on women and their place in society during the same infamous performance. An audience member at Ryman Auditorium on June 3 tells PopEater that Morgan had the audience in stitches ...
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 09:00 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Tracy Morgan shocked the entertainment world Friday when reports hit that he'd let out a homophobic and sexist rant during a standup show in Nashville last Friday night. The comedian apologized, saying he "clearly went too far and was not funny in any context." Morgan's co-star, Tina Fey, didn't think it was funny either. In a statement to TMZ.com, she said she was glad Morgan apologized but ...
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 12:20 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
After Tracy Morgan's latest standup gig went too far -- the actor let out a homophobic rant and called it comedy -- Morgan is copping to his controversial comments and issued an apology through his representative to The Huffington Post. "I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville," Morgan said. "I'm not a ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eleanor Parker of The Sound of Music Dies at 91
- Watch: The Muppets' Swedish Chef Battles Gordon Ramsay in an Epic Food Fight
- The Latest Star to Get Hair Extensions Is ... Daniel Radcliffe? See the Photo!
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Britney Spears is right: 5 reasons ?Chaotic' is her worst career move ever ? VIDEO
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- ?Super Mario 3D World' review: The portly plumber's latest is totally pawesome
- The Voice's Top 5 Take the Semi-Finals Stage, Sleepy Hollow's Fall Finale's Shocking Reveal and More OMG TV Moments!
- Lea Michele Releases Preview of Debut Single "Cannonball"—Plus, Check Out Her Album Cover for Louder!
- Gavin Rossdale and 24-Year-Old Daughter Daisy Lowe Enjoy Park Date in London—Take a Look!